A question of identity

The Real Louis
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-08-03

A question of identity

Post by The Real Louis on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Another newbie quest for clarity... For the small country that I run I was assigned the character of the monarch, but in communications with other (larger) nations I find myself in correspondence with various characters who are not the monarch, but his/her chief minister or whatever. Are these non-monarchs the "assigned" (player)-characters in control of the country, or are they sub-personalities created by the player of that country in order to... (what?) Could be two questions there (and apologies for any simple-mindedness).

Jim

count-de-monet
Marquess
Marquess

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Re: A question of identity

Post by count-de-monet on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:24 pm

It is possible for a player to be given the identity of the monarch of a nation, or it could be the leading minister.

I do not know how Richard assigns whether a player is given the monarch or minister. If it is the latter, it does give Richard the scope to play the monarch and add an extra dimension to a minister trying to run a country.

If a player is the monarch, Richard will not stop him writing letters as a minister or other personality.
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Very much as the Count says. In one game a player is the monarch yet also writes letters as his various children, wife, ministers and military commanders.

In the three games I am in, in one I am a regent, one a governor and the other the monarch.
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:56 pm

what he does is to stop seranios like Louis the XXXXX1 cropping up he has a minister take control or another character. Thats why some are Tsar like me BUT Chancellor/regent in other cases.....

You can write as whoever you want....

The Real Louis
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Real Louis on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks for that guys. Nicely clarified. Now all I need to know is the meaning of "seranio" Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:17 am