john_tindall@mlc.com.au
Squire
Squire

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-26

G'day from Australia

Post by john_tindall@mlc.com.au on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:41 am

Hi folks - I hope you are well.

My name is John Tindall and Scramble for Empire is my first Agema Game and may be a intro to more.

I'm not new to PBM/PBEM, having played since the 1980s and been the Australian reviewer/editor for Flagship magazine for a few years.

Porfessionally I'm in finance, based in Sydney. You can see my house on Google Earth at "2 colo court wattle grove australia" - that's my daughters' car in the driveway. My other interests include history (particularly the Pensinsula War - g'day to any Sharpie fans out there!) and the development of civilisation generally.

As I said to revvaughan earlier today, I consider myself a loyal ally and a resolute opponent but I'll let others be the true judge of that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you. All the best,

John
john_tindall@mlc.com.au
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Re: G'day from Australia

Post by Kingmaker on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Welcome John nice to see another recruit to Agema games and I suspect you may soon be sucked into a game of TGK or LGDR as we old timers call it!

revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Pleased to have you here and hope that you have as much fun in these games as I have. I certainly hope that you give TGOK a shot as it is one of the most interesting games that I have ever had the chance to play. It was that game that drew me into the world and will not let me go.

Marshal Bombast
Lord
Lord

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post by Marshal Bombast on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Welcome John, as Kingmaker and revvaughan say you may well get carried away with a game of TGOK too. Your life won't be the same again now anyway. study

count-de-monet
Marquess
Marquess

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by count-de-monet on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:57 pm

we should all be ashamed of ourselves !

At the moment John is addiction free from the drug that is LGDR....we would be ever bit as guilty as Richard if he dipped his toes into the water and got hooked (for life!) Very Happy

Welcome to the board John, and whatever game you play of Richard's several things are guaranteed including quality and enjoyment.

Hapsburg
Lord
Lord

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Hapsburg on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Welcome John, I hope we can persuade you to join a game of LGDR (an old timer at 41) in the near future!

Loved Sydney when I was on the east coast on holiday last April. Read the early Sharpe novels and prefer the 1990s TV episodes rather than the recent.

Enjoy the games.

Tudor
revvaughan
King
King

Post by revvaughan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Keep trying to set that TGOK hook. I believe the bait is great... Now just to get him to bite! Cool
nazareth
Squire
Squire

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Post by nazareth on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi John,

Welcome to the site. While I don't post much, to my shame, I do visit and read from time to time. I cut my teeth on Schubel & Son back in 1978 and have been playing in a game or 3 most years since, so like you, I've been around awhile. I even wrote a few reviews for Paper Mayhem. Also like you, I consider my self a loyal ally where the game allows.

Since we're both in game #1 of Scramble For Empire, I'm sure we'll cross paths. Again, glad to have you here.

Tony
revvaughan
King
King

Post by revvaughan on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 pm

Look forward to meeting you in SFE Game 1!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 am