France

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-04-07

France

Post by jamesbond007 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi, Roy here, i play LGDR game six, i am France. Has any other French players got any good advice for me? perhaps we could swap some ideas and results. Very Happy Very Happy
ted
Freeman
Freeman

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Re: France

Post by ted on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks all.

I've sent in my start up request and Richard has reserved the position until I make a payment,which I've now done via the website.

I'll be playing in game 7 and have decided to play by email.I can always change later on if need be.
ted
Freeman
Freeman

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Post by ted on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Sorry guys replied in the wrong thread! Smile

In a rush! Very Happy
revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:25 am

Surrender to Britain... Twisted Evil Suspect lol!

I have no played as France, but couldn't resist the shot across the bow there! I am sure there is someone on here who has and can offer you the assistance that you seek.

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

Post by jamesbond007 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 am

Britain is a country that i would like to play one day. Although i have heard it is very complicated and alot of players tend to drop out.

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

REV

Post by jamesbond007 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:41 am

Britain is a country that i would like to play one day, although it never seems to attract much success. I have heard that it is a hard position to master. In game six, the player who plays Britain, has regulary played the position i believe. One day, i have got to play my own country. Razz

1989-er
Squire
Squire

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post by 1989-er on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello

I played France for a long time in LGDR 3, and quite successfully. Not sure I want to give you any tips though, as I'm also in LGDR 6 and we're not exactly friends! ;-)

I also played England in LGDR 1 - thoroughly enjoyed it, but it takes a lot more managing. Personally, the positions I've enjoyed most throughout my chequered past are Turkey and as a contrast some of the smaller German states - but that's because I love the diplomacy side of the game more than the military side.

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

France.

Post by jamesbond007 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:04 pm

[Hi,
Not exactly friends. I am friends with everyone, Ha Ha. You must be the Prussian player. True we did have a dis-agreement early on, but thats life. No hard feelings. May i ask why you gave up game three, France? At least game Six is a bit different, not the usual outcome to the Spanish succession. I am thinking of joining game seven, but i felt the new positions, ie, in country fighting were not to my taste, but i am re-considering. I also have more time avaliable now.

count-de-monet
Marquess
Marquess

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by count-de-monet on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:19 pm

I know this thread is aimed at discussing France, but I am intrigued by the flow of conversation. I havent played England, but must admit it is a position that I would also like to play one day. Why is it so hard to play ?

I have played France and found it to be the most difficult position I have taken on. Everyone seems to want a piece of France...I dont think it was me ! Very Happy
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1597

Post by Kingmaker on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:32 pm

England is a massive postion, remember they had huge global holdings and a massive navy but a smallish army. Becuase the colonies and bases are so wide spread you have to keep your eye on the ball the world over....

1989-er
Squire
Squire

Post by 1989-er on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: England. It is trickiest because of its parliamentary system - in no other position do you have so many checks against your activities. Also as Kingmaker says, there are so many colonies to take care of, and everyone wants a piece of them... That said, once the position gets established there are very few who can challenge it and it settles down into quite a powerful role.

Re: jamesbond007 - indeed I am Prussia. To answer your question, I gave up France in game 3 due to personal and professional reasons, including moving abroad - I just couldn't devoted sufficient time to it. Regretted it ever since as I loved that position, but then again I loved being Bavaria in game 2 - completely different set of challenges. I'm enjoying Prussia though. Not quite sure why you find it so hard to be friendly to me - you should be courting me as a potential ally against the Austrians... ;-)

If you're thinking of another game, I would personally try an established one. True a new-ish one gives you a bit more freedom and there is little baggage to carry with you, but the older games just seem to have a bit more character. Could be that I am just nostalgic though. I started in LGDR in 1989 and have seen a fair share of players join and quit, so do make sure you have time to do it justice before signing up for another one, otherwise you might lose interest in all. I'd give game 3 a go if I was you...

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

France

Post by jamesbond007 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 am

RE:james Bond 007. I would not say that i find it hard to be friendly towards you. We have just not had alot of interaction, and what interaction we have had, has not been positve.As i recall i asked you for a platoon mission which you refused. I do not blame you for this, but if you wanted friendly terms with me, then a yes would have secured this. Other nations have helped me greatly, and through this my loyalty lies. With regard to Austria, i feel we are on good terms, but we are on opposite sides of the fence at the moment, in fact, we always seem on opposite sides of the fence. I would have thought that you would have courted me as a friend? surely playing Prussia, you have ideas about being HRE, one day. Uniteing Germany for yourself?
With regard to England. The problem there is, that Parliament are against having a large army, particulary based in England. So parliament, interfere too much, so i have been told.

1989-er
Squire
Squire

Post by 1989-er on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Can see your point, but to me friendship and alliance is a bit more than "give me what I want otherwise I'm not interested in being your friend." Particularly when that "something" is highly-rated military expertise ;-) Anyhow, we'll see how that game develops - there's still plenty of scope for us to work together, I am sure, as the HRE and French positions develop.

Yep - agree, that's one of the reasons England is difficult to play.

Must dash - take care, and have a good easter weekend!
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1597

Post by Kingmaker on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:12 pm

I am willing to help any one, as long as I can count on their help in my hour of need. Note the Tsar dose not need much help. but has been known to be very helpful to others when asked nicely king

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

Post by jamesbond007 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:44 am

I never said " give me what i want, or i will not be your friend ."As you put it. I am simply saying, that when as a new player i asked for help, you refused. Others did not refuse, England for example, sent me a platoon fireing mission. So obviously my priority went with them. We have since worked on other deals together. Our friendship blossomed. If you want friendship and trust with another nation,then making a generous gesture is a great starting point. Even Austria, who i have had different views with, has helped with valuable advice. Matters like that are not forgotten.However, all that is History. I agree with you, that perhaps we may have opportunities in the future. Best wishes. sunny
Happy Easter.
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 am

jamesbond007 wrote:Britain is a country that i would like to play one day, although it never seems to attract much success. I have heard that it is a hard position to master. In game six, the player who plays Britain, has regulary played the position i believe. One day, i have got to play my own country. Razz

Ahhh, so you're France...I'm England in Game 6 Smile

I've never played England before, but a lot of experience through playing Denmark and part of China. England is a challenge, esp as there does seem to have been quite a gap between myself and the previous player so a lot of developments have stalled. It also has quite a large empire but very scattered, which makes defence more interesting. Mind you France has similar challenges and I guess you face a similar situation over Lorraine as I do over Scotland-is it better to go for friendship or invasion? I've gone for Friendship and it's worked.

Actually, we do get on well in game terms and I think that's because we've both made gestures towards one another-and let's be honest, France and England as enemies benefits no one...unless you like war Wink

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

Post by jamesbond007 on Mon May 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Greetings dear England. I prefer to play a building game, rather than a war game. I think a war over Lorraine would cause problems between me and Austria, and at the moment that is not wanted, we get on ok.
I think England has had three or four players since we started. It was not inactive long before you, just a new inexperianced player was involved. England with its parlament is a challenge, but i like positions where there is plenty to do.
revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan on Mon May 04, 2009 10:14 pm

England in one of my games is going along nicely. In the other things are looking up, but there was some damage to repair!

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

Post by jamesbond007 on Tue May 05, 2009 10:56 am

In game six, England needs a good regular player. Hopefully they have one now, and he will go the distance.
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Thu May 07, 2009 6:46 pm

jamesbond007 wrote:In game six, England needs a good regular player. Hopefully they have one now, and he will go the distance.

Don't worry, no plans to disappear any time soon Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 pm