Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
Deacon
Stuart Bailey
6 posters

Games set in the Ancient Period

MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Number of posts : 260
    Registration date : 2012-11-03

Games set in the Ancient Period - Page 2 Empty Re: Games set in the Ancient Period

Post by MarkTurner26 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:22 pm

I tried to pick a time where Macedon wasn't complicated ha ha ha
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Games set in the Ancient Period - Page 2 Empty Re: Games set in the Ancient Period

Post by Stuart Bailey Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm

MarkTurner26 wrote:I tried to pick a time where Macedon wasn't complicated ha ha ha

No.........its very simple starting position for the new King of Macedon all he has to do is deal with the Galatian war bands who have just killed the last King of Macedon and a large chunk of the Macedonian Army.

While keeping an eye on historic Greek and Thracian foe's while hoping Pyrrhos, Ptolemaic's and Seleucid's are all too busy to push their claims to the throne of Macedonia.
    MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Number of posts : 260
    Registration date : 2012-11-03

Post by MarkTurner26 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:22 pm

I like the ancient time period, it's a great period of upheaval and good background to work with, you have a burgeoning rome, which as yet isn't the steam rolling superpower that it becomes. Its a period that allows for a great deal of expansion, I feel at any rate.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 pm

MarkTurner26 wrote:I like the ancient time period, it's a great period of upheaval and good background to work with, you have a burgeoning rome, which as yet isn't the steam rolling superpower that it becomes. Its a period that allows for a great deal of expansion, I feel at any rate.

Expansion for Macadonia in 277BC  confused 

I would think trying to avoid having his head turned into a Celtic drinking cup is the immediate problem.

But at least if the Macadonian Player can borrow enough gold the Galatian types may willing to go away.

Playing Pyrrhos and the Southern Italian Greeks, The Samnite League, the last of the Etruscans etc is probably one for people who like playing Sweden in 1700.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm