Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
Kingmaker
Richard D. Watts
6 posters

THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO GAME LAUNCHED!

Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO GAME LAUNCHED! - Page 2 Empty Re: THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO GAME LAUNCHED!

Post by Stuart Bailey Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Basileus wrote:Dont worry Stuart, turns are in for tomorrow and we can blow the Prussians to pieces with artillery forming up in the center whilst the rest attack in dribs and drabs up the bloody hill......

I assumed the above was a joke:scratch: 

Seems I was wrong:joker: 
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO GAME LAUNCHED! - Page 2 Empty Re: THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO GAME LAUNCHED!

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 am

Turn for Waterloo has just been recieved and its now confirmed ......the Emperor is ill and Nay (on a bad day) has taken over.

Allied right is rock solid following French NMR's in this area. The Allies have their Guns fully deployed up slope with both Infantry and Cavalry support inc the English Guards, The Light Brigade & the KGL. Meanwhile the French hardly have a gun in action and have not even deployed their light infantry skirmishers.

In contrast the Allied right is in a bit of a mess having lost 22 units for 1 French in the last two turns.

Meanwhile hordes of Prussians are starting to show up.

At this point most people would be on defensive or looking to attack the weakened allied left/heads of Prussian. But in stunning copy of events of the Day we got a fairly unsupported frontal charges by light French Cavalry up against Steady foot and guns!

Result 4 French Corps on left who's commanders even managed to give orders to troops who were not in their command! (If I find out who ordered one single Battalion of mine to storm La Haye its a daul)..........have suffered 8 lost, 13 Rout's and 10 on Waver.

At this point Gen D'Erlon wrote sent his trusted aide de Bailey to the Emperors sick bed to demand command of the Guard to hold the Road back to France........before Nay wastes any more of them sending them up that bloody hill without proper support fire.
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:42 am

So up the bloody hill in dribs and drabs was not the way to go, oh well you learn something new every day........THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO GAME LAUNCHED! - Page 2 3497527849 
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Basileus Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Stuart, I will write in game as the pm function is not working for me.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 pm

If Richard & the other players agree that Grouchy and his men show up on 2nd day we can fight on.

If we have to fight Allies, Prussians & Allied reinforcements on the second day with only the troops we already have we ...........run away..........I of course mean we conduct a plannd withdraw to join up with Grouchy.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Stuart Bailey wrote:
    If Richard & the other players agree that Grouchy and his men show up on 2nd day we can fight on.

If we have to fight Allies, Prussians & Allied reinforcements on the second day with only the troops we already have we ...........run away..........I of course mean we conduct a plannd withdraw to join up with Grouchy.
    Very poor & rushed turn for IC corp last turn due to being away and ultra short deadline.

The good news is that IC corp & IV Cavalry with help from some borrowed troops (French went left & right after 3rd commander dropped out........Royalist Rat) have taken their objectives and reduced Picton's command to X2 Battalions of foot. They have also mangled Wellingtons Cavalry (Backing up Picton the Allied left has lost X3 Brigades of British Cavalry and X3 Brigades of Netherlands Cav are down to X2 Squadrons).

IC Corp has also been fighting a delaying action against the Prussians and still holds most of Frichermont. Its Streets now so full of bodies in Prussian Blue that they are having to bring up massed Artillery to clear the place.

Victory is ours??????.........Agh No since the French Left seems to have fallen to bits & Grouchy has still not showed up!

My theory of Prussian Movement is that they are fighting in such a way as to make sure the Allies have to do as much fighting as possible and Wellington's Army suffers max losses.

But were the hell is Grouchy...........its getting very lonely in the Alamo (AKA Frichermont)

Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Basileus Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Not much left on the French left, but equally not that much on the Allied center, if Grouchy turns up then victory could/would/should be ours........

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm