Warehouses

Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Warehouses

Post by Jason on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Has anyone tried using Warehouses in-game and if so, have they noticed any benefits?

I work a lot at the Museum of London Docklands and though it is shortly after the Glory period, it is an example of what warehouses would have been like, and I know the benefits it brought (reduced theft of goods and, tied in with the new purpose built docks, massively reduced unloading times) but wondered if these were replicated in-game through higher trade incomes, etc.

J Flower
King
King

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Re: Warehouses

Post by J Flower on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 am

I think they are helpful in boosting EH, maybe with a new port or even in resisting ports. not sure if it is a factor that brings a long term boost, or a shot term improvement to EH. In combination with factory complexes they should in theory help improve trade investments as well. At least that has always been my understanding
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks Smile That makes sense
Deacon
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1472
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:44 pm

This brings up one of the questions I've had for a while.

How long do the benefits of EH oriented developments last? What happens in the older games where you've maxed your roads and canals and done the rest? What do you do then? If you get a very high EH, should you stop doing EH things to save the powder for later when your EH starts to fall?

I played the papal states in game 3 for a while with max roads and canals and my EH never was very good. I have learned a few tricks of the game since then, but still.

J Flower
King
King

Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:49 am

As Far as I am aware, investments in trade tail off over time, the earlier in the financial year they are invested in then the better the trade returns. As to underlying economic health, I think it is a case of ensuring the infrastructure network remains maintained, you can add small improvements like milestones, tunnels, etc.
you will have an underlying economic value, but other factors also put pressure on it not only your taxation levels but also those of your neighbours & trade partners, wars in the trade areas also effect your trade & EH.

It may well be that your Papal position is historically weak so maybe your improvements simply improved a weak position, if you hadn't improved things then it would have been a lot worse.

Now at a similar point with my position, Eh dipped down, however it seems to recover on it's own to a certain extent, this may indicate that structures already in place allow it to bounce back on it's own.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 am