Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

2 posters

Activity Levels

The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Activity Levels Empty Activity Levels

Post by The Revenant Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:01 pm

In my current game I find myself wondering how many active players there are. Part of me is curious, and part of me feels like I shouldn't really want to know. Is it legitimate to ask for a "hands up" (which could only be voluntary of course)? How do folks feel about this?
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Activity Levels Empty Re: Activity Levels

Post by Deacon Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 pm

My sense is that if you watch the paper, you can tell who is active.

I don't think Richard does much with the inactive positions, so while they may sometimes show up in the paper, mostly they don't.
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Revenant Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:10 pm

Agree the paper is an excellent medium for monitoring literally how "active" players are (ship and ambassador movements especially) - but I always have (or in my current game at least) a nagging feeling that there are others who don't engage with the press (and maybe don't have much of a navy, or send out many ambassadors), who play their cards close to their chest. It could be just a figment of my imagination, of course; or proof of the spell that Richard weaves. (I also know that on occasion my own ambassadorial missions, and ship-movements have gone un-noted.)
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:12 pm

In game 8, france is apparently played, but no diplomacy, and almost no paper activity, so you do have a point that the paper isn't perfect.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:16 am

I must admit whilst I tend to assess who is active and who isn't by looking at the paper though like Jim I often suspect there are a few 'hidden' players at work.

Going off at a slight tangent, at one stage when a new player joined a game it used to be made a lot clearer in the game paper (news article ending with the line X has a new player). I liked it because it was an easy way of introducing a new player to the rest of the game and as most established players then sent a 'welcome' letter I think it helped make new players feel part of the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content