Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+12
Jason2
Thelittleemperor
jamesbond007
Rozwi_Game10
MarkTurner26
Ardagor
J Flower
The Revenant
Basileus
Kingmaker
Deacon
Stuart Bailey
16 posters

G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood

J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 3 Empty Re: G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood

Post by J Flower Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:35 pm

First turn has tipped up, Initial thoughts are, - "Oh Bugger"

Seems I need to initially create a diplomatic corps.

Seems the Czar was so interested in Drinking Vodka that he forgot to put it into circulation as a trade good, Stuart you lied about the Russian rowing club, Firstly they need to find a tree to make a boat, then see if they can find the Baltic.

Will the whiskey supply in Scotland last, or will the extra distilling lead to a grain shortage & famine, maybe we can all agree to go to Ireland next year to take samples there.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 3 Empty Re: G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:48 pm

J Flower wrote:First turn has tipped up, Initial thoughts are, - "Oh Bugger"

Seems I need to initially create a diplomatic corps.

Seems the Czar was so interested in Drinking Vodka that he forgot to put it into circulation as a trade good, Stuart you lied about the Russian rowing club, Firstly they need to find a tree to make a boat, then see if they can find the Baltic.

Will the whiskey supply in Scotland last, or will the extra distilling lead to a grain shortage & famine, maybe we can all agree to go to Ireland next year to take samples there.

Since the English & Austrians drink beer, the Spanish drink wine and the Dutch drink gin looks like its a bring your own party in Scotland Very Happy

The Swedes sunk about a third of the Russian rowing club and the Czar was making up for the loss by recruiting English & Pirates (or English Pirates according to some)...............so whats happened to the Russian Rowing Club?

Oh No.............Blackbeard has pinched it affraid

J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Put it this way the Russian rowing club is in such a good state that it had to turn to that famously reknowned Naval nation "Prussia" to build it's Royal yacht, maybe with retro engineering they can discover the secret & build their own, the only problem is that it will destroy the yacht & it is the only ship with sails that they have.

Maybe a fleet of Gunboats is the answer for the Imperial Navy.

Am also looking into the feasability of building a pipeline to Scotland to pump Vodka direct to the troops, I couldn't find any references in the rule books has anyone else tried this in other games, please let me know if it worked!
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 pm

I read in the Glori du Roi that the Swedes had sunk 25 Russian Line Ships but the Czar used to have lots more than 25 ships with sails.....so what have you done with the rest? Broken them up for Vodka Barrels?

I would however point out that Vodka & Sailing/Water spots do not mix. When the Czar attempted to combine them he almost drowned!
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Ok, so I need a deep sea diving mission to review the Russian Navy.

The Czar made the mistake of trying to dilute his vodka with water, if he had taken it pure & not contaminated it then he would have been alright.

There is no truth in the rumour that the Russian army is attempting to buy up all the Kilts from the LIDIL chain of Supermarkets.

However the Russian Navy is looking to buy a large number of little yellow rubber ducks, soley for training purposes.

It may well be that the before mentioned piratal crews that had joined Russian service have now returned to hunting down Spanish treasure Galleons, no doubt the sunnier climes appealled to them.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:52 pm

The declaration of free trade in the America's has finished the era of Spanish Treasure Galleon's.

The Silver is now spread across payments to hundred's of different merchants.......some of whom are probably close business partners of ex Russian Captains.

My guess it that the missing crews/ships have either gone back to playing "Politics" in the British Isles/America's or have accepted the Swedish Letters of Marque.

Working for someone who knows how to sail no doubt appeals.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:39 pm

For non players in G7 here are the highlights from the June 1709 Gloire du Roi.

As per usual events are dominated by the attempts of the English Jacobite King James to do a Edward I and conquer Scotland which is still loyal to King William even though King William was deposed by the English Parliamentary Leaders (under pressure from a French Army eating out Englands green & pleasant land).

The good news for the Jacobites:

1) The English have taken Glasgow after heavy street fighting and freed the Jacobite Donald MacDonald and the Earl of Mar plus 25 "Spanish Dominican Priests" (The Spanish Envoy has disowned them and said they are nothing to do with Spain).

2) They also launched a successful night attack with ladders to knock out some of the Scots fortress cannon defending Edinburgh.

3) King James has arrived in Perth were he has delared Religious toleration in Scotland.............since King William has also done the same some time back it seems the Religion in now a non issue. Probably because most of King James English Troops & Navy are Protestant while the House of Orange has had Catholic Allies for the last 30 plus years in their wars against the the French & the Jacobites.

4) King James has also pardoned the infamous bandit's of Clan MacGregor and knighted that infamous French Pirate & Son of Liberty Jean Henri (now known as Sir John Henry)...............probably aiming to upset the Campbells & the Spanish.

The not such good news for the Jacobites:

5) The White Division of the English Fleet arrived at Dunbar to contest the landing of troops from the Dutch Fleet..........too late.........the Dutch Army now seems to be safe on shore and the Dutch Fleet has gone.

6) Probably going back to the UDP to pick up some of King William's Austrian Allies who have now arrived in Rotterdam & Amsterdam.

7) Either because he is annoyed by the pardon for Rob Roy MacGregor or because he head of a clan famous for ending up on the winning side the Duke of Argyle "John of the Battles" Chief of Clan Campbell has deserted King James & gone over to the Williamites.

Cool The Duke of Norfolk seems to be having a few problems explaining to the House of Lords why he wrote and signed a treaty with Spain which forbids action against home countries and colonies and on the high sea's but allows both the English & Spanish to honour treaty obligations and send help to allies and fight against each other in Scotland, UDP, France, Austria etc without the treaty being broken.

This no doubts annoys English Military Planners who want the Royal Navy to stop any reinforcements to the Scots at sea rather than fighting them in Scotland.

In a desperate clutching at straws approach the Duke of Norfolk has now declared that England now extends 50 miles out to Sea and any Spanish Ships in this zone will be attacked. This would seem to imply that Spanish ships could be attacked while trading in French Ports or sat in their own Flanders Ports will be attacked. How this would not break the treaty is not explained.

In other news:

9) The Russians have declared that they will be sending a delegation to Warsaw to attend peace talks with the Swedes.

10) The Jesuits have been buying up sickly slaves in Accra.

11) Sir John Henry (or Jean Henri) who now seems to be the Czars Viceroy in the ex English (now Russian) America's is offering no tax's, street lights & sewers if the colonials will only stop following Williams Man in New York (Sir Richard Coote) and say nice things about the Czar and stop using Tar & Feathers on him.

12) A all out Propaganda attack has been launched in King Carlos of Spain via posters and pamphlets in Ireland, France, Portugal, Austria, Milan & the Papal States which suggests he will burn in hell for being allied to a heretic and is not really trying to catch Blackbeard. The posters from the "Catholics of Scotland" ( so no violation of the Anglo-Spanish treaty honest Gov ?????????) demand that the Pope Clement place Spain & Austria under Interdict.

Since King James is allied to Heretic Russians, King Louis of France was allied to Heretic Prussians and Saxons one wonders if the Pope will have anyone left not under Interdict if he follows this logic.

13) No reaction from Spain..........everyone too busy stuffing their faces at banquets???............but the wise money is on King Carlos being very upset by such slander and getting inventive with Toledo Steel.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:08 pm

The crazy that is game 7 makes me wonder how the world economy has developed. England is normally so important and I should imagine they're just a mess still, and france probably is too.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:35 am

I think every game needs it's public enemy Number 1, usually it is a role fulfilled by France in G7 the new treaty rules have tied the hands of the main protagonists, Usually the Bourbons & Hapsburgs would be continually at war.

As luck would have it in G7 the Jacobites turned up in London, giving the Hapsburgs a new Enemy.

It could well be that as most of us are good old C.o.E Englismen we cannot abide the thought of Merry England becoming a Stalwart of the Catholic Faith.

I imagine the Jacobite position is one of the hardest to play in game, simply because it alienates many of the other players simply by it's very exsistence, it is an anomaly in history that simply didn't happen. We all know everyone fought the French so it happens in Game, we all know Silesia gets taken by Prussia historically so every Ausrtrian player is wary of it happening in game, we know the Catholics didn't get to rule in England so we don't condone it.

We all know the Russian navy should invest in life jackets & swimming rings so we do it.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes, I think the Jacobites is an almost untenable position unless you have gotten support from one of the big three catholics spain/france/austria.  You have a bit of money and literally nothing else. So you can riddle england with agents, stir up trouble in ireland, but that really isn't enough without somebody lending you an army and a navy...

I do like that in Game 8 the northwest passage seems to sort of exist, because I think one of the downsides of the game which you allude to is that everybody thinks they know what's what. As a consequence, we can get trapped by our own view of history. Our rulers in period didn't, so injecting a bit of doubt into the game improves it I think.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Deacon wrote:Yes, I think the Jacobites is an almost untenable position unless you have gotten support from one of the big three catholics spain/france/austria.  You have a bit of money and literally nothing else. So you can riddle england with agents, stir up trouble in ireland, but that really isn't enough without somebody lending you an army and a navy...

I do like that in Game 8 the northwest passage seems to sort of exist, because I think one of the downsides of the game which you allude to is that everybody thinks they know what's what. As a consequence, we can get trapped by our own view of history. Our rulers in period didn't, so injecting a bit of doubt into the game improves it I think.

Oddly in G7 the Jacobite Restoration in England was arranged by the then English govt player (Ok as part of a deal to get a pro Jacobite French Army out of England) while the actual "Jacobite" player was still in exile.

But considering the ability of England to full out with the French or the Spanish (esp if Spain is run by the Bourbons) I think its perfectly possible for a well played Jacobite to obtain support from elsewhere. I understand that historically Charles Vasa and the Czar also toyed with the concept of support for Jacobites.

J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:06 pm

So the Russians are doing the right thing to support the Jacobite cause? Thank you Stuart. It seems that I am doing the right thing afterall. Maybe I get to Burn Rome in this game afterall.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:47 pm

J Flower wrote:So the Russians are doing the right thing to support the Jacobite cause? Thank you Stuart. It seems that I am doing the right thing afterall. Maybe I get to Burn Rome in this game afterall.

Flipping heck.............Russian invaders in the Swedish Empire, Russian invaders in the American colonies, Russian invaders in Scotland, and now the Czar wants to invade Italy, burn Rome and convert everyone to Orthodoxy!

J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Darn, my cunning plan out in the open so soon in the Game.

Although I didn't invade the American colonies more of a smash & Grab sort of affair.

Scotland is not an invasion, the Russians are there merley because of the Salmon fishing & to look for Nessie, which they probably more likley to find than sorting out the war of the English Succession.

Still at least the Goat hasn't been mentioned at all yet.....I'm saving that for a certain special occasion.

I have also heard that the beaches in Spain are also a major holiday destination for many Russian tourists, Maybe the Kremlin Package tours company can get some special offer sorted out.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:56 pm

J Flower wrote:Darn, my cunning plan out in the open so soon in the Game.

Although I didn't invade the American colonies more of a smash & Grab sort of affair.

Scotland is not an invasion, the Russians are there merley because of the Salmon fishing & to look for Nessie, which they probably more likley to find than sorting out the war of the English Succession.

Still at least the Goat hasn't been mentioned at all yet.....I'm  saving that for a certain special occasion.

I have also heard that the beaches in Spain are also a major holiday destination for many Russian tourists, Maybe the Kremlin Package tours company can get some special offer sorted out.

Spanish holiday packages already sold to the Germans. Have Kremlin Tours ever considered Greece or the Black Sea Coast.

I am told the Taverna there do some nice goat dishes. G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 3 627167562
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Was considering the Spainish beaches for the sun seekers, & maybe skiing holidays in the Austrian Alps.

With some cheap away day fares to parts of Greece & the Dalmation coast.

If you know a good recipe for Goat sausages then we can maybe come to an arrangement.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:52 pm

J Flower wrote:Was considering the Spainish beaches for the sun seekers, & maybe skiing holidays in the Austrian Alps.

With some cheap away day fares to parts of Greece & the Dalmation coast.

If you know a good recipe for Goat sausages then we can maybe come to an arrangement.

July 1709 Glori du Roi has shown up and we seem to be well into the "Holiday Season":

1) Following their spring break in Scotland the Russians seem to be giving the sailing one more try and have shown up off the Coast of Sweden at Calmar.

Can the Swedes & the Russians find time for one final Naval Battle before talks in Warsaw start?  Talks now due to start October 1709.

2) Dutch seem to be building castles on the beach at Dunbar watched by the English Navy who were also busy stopping the new Austrian Envoy to Scotland at Leith and throwing 20 of his bodyguards in clink.  Seems Prince Eugene of Savoy may have had a diplomatic pass but the Jacobites draw the line at allowing a whole general staff be "smuggled" into Edinburgh in the Diplomatic bag.

3) In England itself the Princess Royal declared a Bank Holiday to celebrate a good harvest.  While the Royal Navy & the Country enjoyed itself the Dutch landed an Austrian Army at Hastings.

With a Williamite Dutch Army in Scotland, a HWIC 5th column in England and Williams Austrian Allies landed at Hastings one has to wonder why English Ministers seem fixed on the threat posed by Spain while seeming to pay little attention to the closer threat posed by the Dutch and Austrians.  Mind you if Charles the Good of Spain was upset about being called a Billiard Cheat and soft on Pirates he is likely to be even more upset after a month long Anglo-Russian Propaganda Blitz about "Foul Dons" and why "Spain can not be trusted" !

To date the Anglo-Russian Propaganda Blitz seems to have had

- No effect in Rome, probably the Pope does not wish to be told what to do by an Anglo-Russian alliance who are 99% heretic.
    - Has convinced the House of Lords but not the Commons who voted down tax bills yet again.
    - Unknown effect on the French.....Louis XIV was directly responsible for and favoured the split of the British Isles and the English Empire (which would weaken a major French Rival) which King James is trying to end with his invasion of Scotland.  But Louis can hardly look with favour on any attempt to restore William to the English Throne which would also ruin the Bourbon policy towards the British Isles
    - No effect in New York were Richard Coote has declined to co-operate with Sir John Henry & the Russians and has locked up one Thomas Blakeney & a Thomas Drew as suspected Jacobite spies.

Meanwhile in other events:

- The Persians have introduced a coach service in Isfahan with really comfortable coaches.  Yet more proof that Persia is the most civilized and technically advanced state in G7.
    - Italian Opera has been introduced in San Francisco...........perhaps Tom Blakeney is on the wrong Coast?
    - Hapsburg grain factors seem to be getting jumbled up about which silo to use to supply which market but the good news form the Levant markets is that Spain, Austria, Bavaria, Persia and Rumelia are getting supplied with enough grain to keep the bakers fully employed.  A good deed by the infamous billiard cheat King Carlos of Spain & Naples or is he just running out of storage?

- Finally in the "Heart of Darkness" AKA The Siege of Edinburgh.  King William received more reinforcements when 3 battered Battalions of the Glasgow Regt made their way into the city.  While the Jacobites received Cossack reinforcements.

Oddly little else happened which may mean General Montrose refusal to open the gates even under flag of truce has spoiled Jacobite plots or the English are waiting for their Russian Allies to join them.

Last edited by Stuart Bailey on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Your summary as ever useful Stuart thankyoufor simplyfying things somewhat.

Bit of a mixed bag from the Russian point of view,

the Navy got lost in the Baltic they were supposed to be heading for Cardiff to drop off an army but as they couldn't find it on the map they went to Calmar instead.

As for the Propoganda well, it was more a case of giving credit where credit is due, Spain & Austria the great Catholic bastions of the faith have managed to get all the Protestants in Europe in one  place. If they can find a way to sink the British Isles then the heretic threat is dealt a great blow. That a few Ortodox Russians also get to go under is simply the cherry on the top. It wasn't ment as propoganda, more a congratulation on a job well done.

Still trying to gather enough kindling for a certain fire......Stuart you know which one I mean

One thing of note is the level of diplomatic activity(aka Letter writting) has it died a death in the age of the smartphone. A large number of letters have been depatched from the Kremlin as yet only a few replies have found their way back, Personally I've always enjoyed the letter writting side of LGDR, I can only hope that the distance involved has delayed some replies, afterall it is one of the foundation stones of the whole concept of LGDR, I hope this is not a cry in the wilderness & that in coming months more of you will find time to put pen to paper or finger to keyboard or whatever it is you do with these new fangled technical devices.

Last edited by J Flower on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 pm

I think most of the main Catholic States are not worried about protestant heretics in the British Isles, Germany, Sweden & etc. They are more worried by all those Orthodox heretics (I mean Patriarch's) in Russia and the Ottoman Empire saying nasty things about the Bishop of Rome & Roman Caholic Dogma.

On the subject of lost fleets what baffled me was how the Dutch Navy was able to sail through the Straits of Dover and down the English Channel to land an Williamite Army at Hastings without the Royal Navy doing anything about it. Couple of months before they had 80 frigates outside the main Dutch ports.

Seems to me that either the Royal Navy has suffered a disgrace on a par with the Dutch Raid on the Medway. Or its started to employ Russian pilots or the Captains of the Royal Navy do not want to fight against King William & for King James.

How many of the Parliamentary seats King James has abolished or is going to abolish belong to Naval families?

With the English Navy going AWOL can the Russian Navy find its way out of the Baltic and across the North Sea to save the day? Without being mugged by Viking types or the Dutch?
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Have given the Russian Navy orders to follow the coastline untill they find the way out of the Baltic

Have also been considering arranging a day trip to Rome, with a box of matches & a couple of gallons of petrol, As the old Russian saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day- But it burnt down in one.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:10 pm

August 1709 Gloire du Roi has shown up and it seems that Life is about to get "interesting" not to mention down right nasty in G7! With James Stuart kicking things off with a £10 a corpse bounty and burning 5000 Scots non combatants to death we may may be heading back to the good old days of Gloire. When wars were fought with objectives other than pre peace talks postureing.

For non players in G7 here are the highlights:

1) Following the defeat of his tax bills in the commons King James has said all the "No" votes do not count, Parliament is in recess (will it ever sit again?) and he is going to collect the tax anyway plus 50%. With anyone who does not pay being considered a traitor and shot!

2) As well as doing away with Parliament and calling in the Russians (Russian 3rd Army now at Leith asking who the need to kill) the Jacobites have also been acting to crush the freedom of the Press with dire threats to throw Jonathan Swift from a roof seeming to work on said writter.

In brief merry England is now a brutal military dictatorship with the Tyrannt James Stuart backed by the Supreme Autocrat of all the Russians and perhaps the French?

3) In Versailles King Louis XIV said "I WILL NOT LET DOWN MY FRIEND KING JAMES"......some people think that in order to keep the De facto Frenchman James Stuart (brought up in France from age of six months) on the throne of England. King Louis is willing to rip up the treaty of Yorktown and the French promise "not to provide either money, troops or ships to the Jacobites" take the no doubt huge loss of honour and start a new war with King William and his Dutch & Hapsburg Allies.

Some people also think that the Emperor and his sons do not really care who rules England and Scotland but do care hugely about all the lands the Hapsburg family lost to Louis 1648-1690 and want the elderly Louis to dishonour France by breaking a treaty prior to starting a war which will see the French fighting on three fronts to retain the "stolen" (In the Hapsburgs opinion) lands.

4) No doubt in an attempt to disrupt the Dutch landing any more Pro William forces in England or Scotland the 180 ships of the English Navy attacked Amsterdam. Either it was a very light probe (determination C?) or their heart is not in fighting for a Catholic "French" King who is seemingly set on doing away with English Freedoms as the Royal Navy pulled back on the loss of one frigate.

5) The Dutch who are strongly pro King William (he is also their Stadtholder) have asked to hire more Swiss and Austrian Troops.

6) This is on top of the 40 Austrian Battalions the Dutch have recently landed at Hastings. The Austrians have been visited by the Duke of Devonshire who was either acting as a customs officer or was spying but apart from that do not seem to be doing a lot apart from their Engineers throwing up some field works. One suspects that these Austrians are either getting over sea sickness or they are acting as a lure to get James Army out of London/Scotland.

7) In Scotland the major events have been at Edinburgh. Inside the city Jacobite Agents sabotaged fire fighting equipment the set fires in poorer parts of the city which destroyed 20% of the city, killed 5000 people and destroyed the city magazine. With the arrival of Siege Guns and the issue of ladders a Jacobite attack on Scotlands Capital is now likely. The Question is will the English Terror tactics lead to a failure of Scots Morale or will they fight to avenge the Scots Women and Children burnt to death in King James fires? Also will the Dutch at Dunbar attempt to break the siege?

Probably having to hack a hole through a Russian covering Army to do so? At least the Russians are used to being attacked by fanatic Protestants.......Swedes or Dutch whats the difference?

Cool No doubt outraged by attacks on English Freedoms & the burning of 5000 protestants New York & the Puritan New England colonies have declared for King William and told the Russians were they can put their lease agreement. To reinforce the point the New Englanders and King Williams Lord Protector of the America's has welcomed a Spanish Trade Mission to New York. Probably taking view that the Spanish may be Catholic but at least they have been anti French and anti Jacobite for the last 30 years.

Other than the dispute over the British Succession not a lot happening:

9) Swedes have appointed their envoy in Warsaw to act as their delegate at the Peace Talks. While the Czar has sent his Navy in to the Sound in a direct challenge to the Swedish Navy to come out and fight. Clearly the Czar does not want the talks dominated by the last Naval Battle in which the Swedes sent 25 Russian Line Ships and a Russian Admiral to the bottom of the Golf of Riga.

10) The Jusuits have openned a hospital at Whydah and their leader got all metaphysical in Rome.

11) The French arrested a spy in Brest

12) The Sedili Council meet in Naples and had dinner.......allowing the Queen Dowager to show off her new dinner service. The Queen has ordered new services in Porcelain for the King & Queen of Spain, the Emperor and the Pope and the Cuira from the Palermo trade Guild while helping the Rumelian Churches avoid a nasty famine.

No doubt King James will view Sierre D'Espaenar and the Italian Cardinals eating off Hapsburg Porcelain and the sending of famine relief to Rumelia rather than a crusade as yet more evidence that the Catholic Church is soft and needs to be run by him and the Czar rather than a bunch of milk sop Italian & Spanish Cardinals.

In Rome, Toledo & Naples the modern view is that true converts are made via education and holy example not by burning the bodies of possible converts with James viewed at a fanatic and a disgrace who does more harm than good to the Catholic Cause.

Seems that the Catholic Cause has a big nasty split in it.

Have always said nothing like a good religious War to put some spite in the game......even better if its a civil war as well.

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:40 pm

Wow. That is wonderfully insane. I had intended to play James with a chip on his shoulder for the foul murder of his father, but that's full-on balls to the walls crazy.

I think it's probably doomed because its alienating his own subjects, but it's still pretty awesome.
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by J Flower Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:04 am

Bugger, navy got it wrong again.

All I want them to do is sail to Rome & see it burnt to the ground, is that too much to ask. Instaed they get stuck in the Baltic sound & Scotland goes up in flames, I think Richard is deliberatly misreading my orders to frustrate my grand plan.

Mind you it must be said that the people in Scotland who got burnt probably want James head on a stick as much as Dutch, aren't they the ones who say" the only king is God" so it may well be that James has actually done William a favour by taking out people who will rise up against however becomes king.

After building Sandcastles I take it the Austrian Engineers next task will be the constuction of 40 lots of deck chairs so that the Tyrol Tourists can soak up hte summer sun in Hastings.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:47 am

there are also a lot of people who will line up with either side to settle old scores.... gonna get very interesting..... G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 3 3497527849
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Kingmaker wrote:there are also a lot of people who will line up with either side to settle old scores.... gonna get very interesting.....  G7 - The War of the English Succession & the breaking of the Pirate Brotherhood - Page 3 3497527849

Actually the oddity about G7 is that historic alliances and feuds from pre 1700 have not changed very much and have not really been joined by any new ones.

The line up of the 9 years war still seems broadly unchanged. With the recent exception of Russia getting bored with its feud with Sweden and trying to join in the Williamite/Jacobite feud.

I am looking forward to when Louis XIV decides to settle old scores with the Hapsburgs.

Its going to get nasty Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm