Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

5 posters

Game Link

Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Game Link Empty Game Link

Post by Kingmaker Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Game Link Empty Re: Game Link

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:37 pm

Tempted...tempted...

But would I play Blake 7...or Captain Mal-style Wink
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:09 pm

lol the choice is yours as they say....  

Game Link 175px-Captain_Zapp_Brannigan
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2564
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Jason wrote:Tempted...tempted...

But would I play Blake 7...or Captain Mal-style Wink

Use the Force Very Happy 

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Knowing my luck Stuart, I'd end up being more Jar-Jar Binx! Wink

That is not an outfit anyone wants me to wear Kingmaker Very Happy
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:43 am

I take it the game will be more free form like Glory, versus more structured? I'll be curious to see how it plays out, and how community works in it.

In Glory your fellow players can be both allies and enemies, not sure how these dynamics will work.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 am

Deacon wrote:
    I take it the game will be more free form like Glory, versus more structured?  I'll be curious to see how it plays out, and how community works in it.

In Glory your fellow players can be both allies and enemies, not sure how these dynamics will work.

Bet some students of Chinese history will have no problem with the concept of trying to overthrow the evil Empire and at the same time trying to sale their rival's down the river Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Rules are available for purchase, will be curious what people have to say after reading them.
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm

Got the rules today,for me, and probably my sci fi knowledge is limited it, seems more "Firefly"/"Serenity" than Star Trek. Think space ship with a crew of ten rather than hundreds, but there probably are military vessals with hundreds in their crew in the game.
    The rules indicate no silliness, as in my Bismark in "Scramble" is modelled on Frankie Howard in Carry On films. But I wonder if there might be a darker side to this as in quite a few sci fi themes. So I am thinking the first three series of Babylon 5 rather than Star Wars.
    The rules also include the new element a sound broadcast. Got mine as a cd. Really well done. Professional and this could really work. After my getting the French army slaughtered in Waterloo (sorry Stuart) a fresh start in sometthing new looks tempting.

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks for that Basileus...always been a Firefly and B5 fan so am tempted...the Federation in it reminds me a bit of Blakes 7...*goes off to look at bank balance*...
    Joedylan
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2014-05-07

Post by Joedylan Wed May 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi lured to this game via the advert in Suspense and Decision , big fan of Blake 7, Firefly, B5 etc. so this really looks push all my gaming buttons, looking forward to the start Very Happy 

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Joedylan

Welcome on board. Hopefully you'll enjoy this new game (have the rules, will try and give my positive thoughts tomorrow night). Like you, a B7/B5/Firefly fan so fingers crossed this game will feel right.

Do have a look at the other games, Scramble and Glory. Not SciFi but still very good fun Smile
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu May 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Jason wrote:Hi Joedylan

Welcome on board.  Hopefully you'll enjoy this new game (have the rules, will try and give my positive thoughts tomorrow night).  Like you, a B7/B5/Firefly fan so fingers crossed this game will feel right.

Do have a look at the other games, Scramble and Glory.  Not SciFi but still very good fun Smile

Mind you some people seem to be trying to bring very old style Jules Verne style SciFi into Scramble.

Have effectively zero knowledge of B7/B5/Firefly etc..........but wonder if I could get by in this game with a certain amount of knowledge about Maritime Crime & Western films (Well they say Star Wars is a Western in Space).

Have now read rules and can see you start with Main Character & a small 8 berth Space Ship. But does this mean you and a crew of 7 or you and a mix of crew and passenger berth's. Or just you & 7 empty beds?
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Fri May 09, 2014 9:56 pm

I suspect that we are expected to recruit our space crews. Firefly and Serenity was very much a western in space.
    Joedylan
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2014-05-07

Post by Joedylan Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Have effectively zero knowledge of B7/B5/Firefly etc..........but wonder if I could get by in this game with a certain amount of knowledge about Maritime Crime & Western films (Well they say Star Wars is a Western in Space).
    Looks like this game will a good introduction to the genre

Indeed I think regime change looks to be a good intro to the whole Genre  Very Happy 

Blake's 7 was escaped convicts and political radicals turned freedom fighters/terrorists in a cool ship, fighting the good fight because they didn't really have a better option

Blake's 7 wrote:Vila: Where are all the good guys?
    Blake: You could be looking at them.
    Avon: What a very depressing thought.

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Ok, have rules and it looks an interesting game, different to anything I've tried before.

Richard has clearly put a lot of thought and effort into creating something different that should challenge us and get us thinking.

There is clearly a lot we don't yet know, for example was the Old Republic actually any good, the new Federation could be an improvement...and we might be the bad guys!

Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun May 11, 2014 8:35 pm

Jason wrote:Ok, have rules and it looks an interesting game, different to anything I've tried before.

Richard has clearly put a lot of thought and effort into creating something different that should challenge us and get us thinking.

There is clearly a lot we don't yet know, for example was the Old Republic actually any good, the new Federation could be an improvement...and we might be the bad guys!

It would seem that Jason has clearly not read any of my game press/propaganda or he would know that:

Good guys = My side  Very Happy  ...............I know some people disagree about some of my characters/positions such as the HEIC, The  En Guarde Poet & Commissioner of Public Saftey Donald MacDonald Visconti,  The "Enlightened" Elf Rune Priest and the hard working, under paid Ottoman Civil Servant in G2 being the kind, loveable, put upon "good guys" of Bailey accounts but they are clearly wrong or Venetians.

Bad guys = Opponents of my loveable and put upon characters and Venetians.

Actually perhaps in RC I could play a Jason Bourne type suffering memory loss and wondering what he did under the Republic to make him a target?

Suspect the back plot of RC is a bit like that of Star Wars with a corrupt and not very effective Republic being brought down by people who start out with fairly good intentions but go to the dark side.  Which also seems to be the Jacobite sub plot in G7.........Tom started off as not a bad character but fell into gambling, treason, locking up Priests and sabreing children as one of James Stuart's Dragoon's.

Before you know it Tom will have truely gone to the dark.........using Goats & soft chairs.

Last edited by Stuart Bailey on Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : error)

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 9:13 pm

I've read your game press Stuart...and if you plan to adopt that approach in RC, I'll make sure I'm at least 3 star systems away from you...I like my ears on the sides of my head...and my head on my body... Wink

Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun May 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Jason wrote:I've read your game press Stuart...and if you plan to adopt that approach in RC, I'll make sure I'm at least 3 star systems away from you...I like my ears on the sides of my head...and my head on my body... Wink

The bonus payments for ears rather than heads was to save weight.............character kind to horses.

As for turning head the head of major foes into drinking cup's...........very cultured character, patron of silver smith's and upholder of old folk traditions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 pm