revvaughan

revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2008-07-15

revvaughan

Post by revvaughan on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:59 am

Glad to see this as it gives me somewhere to get my AGEMA fix between turns lol! I am a lifelong resident of the US of A and to be more specific... A map dot in the lovely state of Alabama. I was introduced to AGEMA by Terri through my first tenure at Briny. I have since left my first game (Denmark in Game V), and feel that I left the new owner in a good spot to take over. I am presently involved in Games III and II. I believe I would like to get back into Game VII, but I don't know if I would rather do that or wait for Imperial Domination.

A little about me... I am 31, happily married and have a 6 year old daughter named Ashlynne. I have several jobs so I will give some indication as to what it is I really do. I teach history at a local private prep school for high school students for my primary job. I possess a B.S. in History and Music, and a M.A.T. in History. My particular loves in history are the American Civil War (Second War of Independence), and the American Revolution. I am also an armchair Britain as I love all things British in the historical sense. Outside of my teaching position, I am a Fire Chief/Medic for a large portion of the county I live in. I also teach for the state fire college in my local area. I serve my town as a city councilman and serve on the county fire board. Last, but not least I am an ordained minister (Southern Baptist), and up until just recently I have been a circuit traveler for several church music departments. Most recently I have accepted the call to a medium sized Methodist Church in the area as their Minister of Music.

As far as games... I play several different types of wargames in addition to The Glory of Kings. I am engaged in Briny and London Engarde. My primary game, outside of AGEMA, is NWOL (Napoleonic War Online). It is run by the Historical Online Learning Foundation. www. distance-simulations.org If anyone is interested in the goings on, I have several HOLF Newsletters that I have put together and would be happy to speak about it. HOLF also runs CWOL, but we are still in the BETA stages to get it back on its feet. Outside of games my interests involve meteorology and amateur radio.

I look forward to conversing and learning with you.
The Little Corporal
Lord
Lord

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Re: revvaughan

Post by The Little Corporal on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:23 am

Great to read your post and to see your commitment to your community, it's becoming more and more important these days.

Game VII is excellent so always worth dipping your toe in, there appear to be a couple of silent 'bigger' positions so talk to Richard...although how you would have the head space for three games i don't know, i've tried but i find it too complicated switching personalities!
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:27 am

Yes I tried running 2 Russian positions at once what a headache. But good to see you involved as well in the community. I serve as the local vice chairman of my Parish council so we have a bit in common....

Last edited by Kingmaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

revvaughan
King
King

Post by revvaughan on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:30 am

Thanks gents... I would likely let one of my games go if something nice game by in Game VII, so I guess I had better speak to Richard. I would like to get into a decent country from the start instead of being the janitor so to speak.
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Post by Kingmaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:39 am

Yes it good being in at the beginning but each big country has its own way at the beginning...

Last edited by Kingmaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

revvaughan
King
King

Post by revvaughan on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:42 am

I believe that... I would just enjoy getting the ability to try my hand at steering the ship instead of plugging those pesky leaks. In other words... I want to be the one that makes the leaks and then plugs them! bounce
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Post by Kingmaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:44 am

lol......

know the feeling nothing like taking a country on and finding all sorts of nasty things the last player did!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 am