Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

4 posters

Who's who?

The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Who's who? Empty Who's who?

Post by The Revenant Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:57 am

Sometimes I feel that a large part of playing the game is spotting which positions are active and which are being played (if at all) by Richard. And, of course, monitoring the changing position over time, as folk drop (and return!) All very confusing for a bear of little mind. My only experience of taking over a dropped position was handled by Richard as a (very public) change of regime, but that does not seem to be generally the case, with ruler's names remaining unchanged even when the player behind them drops. Am I right in this? And what do folk think of the impact this has on shaping the game?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Who's who? Empty Re: Who's who?

Post by Kingmaker Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Richard gave up changing the name of rulers when he got to Louis XX in one game Who's who? 313066936

so ruler stays the same you just may become his first minister/Prime/chancellor etc instead
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2556
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:22 am

jimbotten wrote:Sometimes I feel that a large part of playing the game is spotting which positions are active and which are being played (if at all) by Richard.  And, of course, monitoring the changing position over time, as folk drop (and return!)  All very confusing for a bear of little mind.  My only experience of taking over a dropped position was handled by Richard as a (very public) change of regime, but that does not seem to be generally the case, with ruler's names remaining unchanged even when the player behind them drops.  Am I right in this?  And what do folk think of the impact this has on shaping the game?

Its odd............some players seem scared to fight AGAMA NPC's/Richard and will make peace if a player drops out.

Others only like to fight NPC positions and will seek to end a war if a player takes over a former NPC position.

I say "Kill them all". Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:41 pm

It used to be the case that Richard actually said that a position had a new player & that all treaties with that position were Null & void. Now it seems that treaties signed by a previous incarnation of the position are still binding on the next player, probably a more realistic way of running things, also means that a new player coming in dosen't automatically ruin all your best laid plans by suddenly switching sides.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am