Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

Borodino

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Borodino Empty Borodino

Post by Deacon Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:45 am

Ok, I've signed up to try this one, sure that I'm going to boot it hard.

Who else is in?
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Borodino Empty Re: Borodino

Post by Deacon Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Surely I'm not the only one playing!
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2564
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Deacon wrote:
    Surely I'm not the only one playing!

I joined this game........rather late as it happened.........so I am on my T3 when everyone else is on their T4. And by T1 got messed up by a panic striken HQ sending orders to troops I have just given orders too.

Now have visions of my Russian General dashing from his tent to lead his Grenadiers in a wild charge with napkin still tucked in and his breaches still flapping in the wind.

Rest of battlefield is looking very tidy with Ney carefully putting his troops into a mixed order of alternate lines and colums to advance on Raevsky nicely layered lines. While to the South Nansouty and Poniatowski advance in a mixed order of alternative foot and horse on Tuchkov who's love of strongpoints and artillery deployed with a ruler mark him out as a natural engineer.

And then their is my bit of the battlefield which seems to have turned into a massed brawl in a load of bushes.......what is the Russian for "They dont like it up them?" & "Dont panic".
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:12 pm

lol keep the "from the Front" reports coming
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Kingmaker wrote:lol keep the "from the Front" reports coming

Its now 11 am on the first day and north of river the French have finally captured half of Borodino but they are now running into greater numbers of Russian Troops on the north bank than they may have expected and Eugine has suffered his first mass rout (mass rout = 5 or more units).

Sending troops across the river is a tricky question for the Russians. The advantage of not sending troops across the river is that a lot of French Cavalry and foot end up doing very little. But if the Russians do not engage they can end up with two corps worth of French guns massed on their right flank.

From south of the river Nay has sent troops over the bridges to attack Borodino but has otherwise not pushed forward and is holding his position. Has anyone told him that he is in the middle of Russia, winter is on the way and a draw is not good enough.

Poniatowski and the French Cavalry south of the river have also not pushed forward very much. The exception to gentle probes being put in by the other French commanders is Devout who put in a heavy attack in the area between the Bragation Fletches and Uttitsa.

Davout attack has now been pushed back with very heavy losses to both sides but esp the French who suffered x2 mass routs (x7 units and another of x8 units).

My Russian corp has now got all its guns into action and is still hanging onto the Bragation Fletches...........BRING ON THE FRENCH GUARD:evil:
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:26 am

Rats.......the curse of the Bailey in these type of mega games seems to have hit again with parts of my team NMR at key points. (clearly French Agents at work again).

Resulting in Russian Dragoons/Lancers sitting static on their horses and being riden down by French Light Cavalry & masses of Russian guns not shooting.

Since this type of thing is very annoying for active players I was wondering if these mega games would work better if the C in C put in standing orders (and paid for them?) for any Division which is left without orders. This being the standard tactical doctrine of the Army which junior leaders will follow if their commander is out of action for a while ie

1) Cav will always counter charge.
    2) Infantry and Artillery will fire on nearest hostile unit in range
    3) If flank or rear is under threat from hostile cavalry Infantry will form square

Clearly such "general" orders are not as good as proper orders but its better for their side than doing nothing which tends to spoil the whole battle for everyone.

Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:20 am

I believe that would happen any way in a fashion,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content