Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
Ardagor
coffeedog14
6 posters

Hello new friends!

coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2015-07-01

Hello new friends! Empty Hello new friends!

Post by coffeedog14 Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Heyo, folks! I've recently decided to join the upcoming game 10 as a swashbuckler, with aspirations of bumping that up to a full blown organization if I find it manageable. I'll be keeping a close eye on the forums and stuff till then, trying to figure out how this tends to work. Until then happy to be part of the community, and hope to see some of you soon in game!
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Hello new friends! Empty Re: Hello new friends!

Post by Ardagor Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Welcome, I hope you will enjoy the game. New people is always good.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:40 pm

Yup welcome there is a Swashbuckler part in the forums under the glory of kings I and another 2 playswashbuckler characters.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Welcome onboard and have fun Smile  Never tried Swashbuckler but am sure you'll find it a challenge!
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:40 am

I think swashbuckler and glory are really two different games that overlap, so I wouldn't necessarily take it as an intro.

It will give you ideas about honour and the like, but glory involves a fair bit of resource management, and in swashbuckler, you don't have any!

But welcome!
    coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by coffeedog14 Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:47 am

Fair enough, deacon. This is more my way of testing the waters of the time scale/world/etc of the game. If I find such manageable. Having never done a PBEM before, the wait times and costs seem odd to me, if not insurmountable.
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by jamesbond007 Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:33 am

Hello and welcome coffee. I hope you enjoy. But I do agree with Deacon, the games are very different. You could have taken a position in glory for a while as you tested it out.

Costs effect us all. But in Glory, Richard has a lot to manage and do, because the game is so big. So although the costs may seem high. If you played the game for a while, you would see the scale of work involved. The costs would then seem much more reasonable.

Time is always an issue. Players would like speedier turns. But that may well greatly increase the turn costs. So I suppose Richard has created a happy medium.

After playing the game of Glory for many years. It is decent value for money and very enjoyable. I hope you give it a go. Good luck.
    coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by coffeedog14 Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Thank you for the luck! And I didn't mean to imply that our fair GM was overcharging, but rather that I wanted to see if it was the right kind of thing for me. Perhaps I might try a full blown nation for the next game. IDK, I'll have to see what the next few months bring!
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2564
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:25 pm

Deacon wrote:I think swashbuckler and glory are really two different games that overlap, so I wouldn't necessarily take it as an intro.

It will give you ideas about honour and the like, but glory involves a fair bit of resource management, and in swashbuckler, you don't have any!

But welcome!

I would agree with Deacon swashbuckler is about role play and generally involves how your character think's, fight's or talks his way out of the mess he is no doubt going to get into  ..........a Dutch Intro position would be more like running the Dutch East India Company.

Guess you could always join the Dutch East India Company as a young SB character.

Then inherit a load of shares and become director of the company (a minor Glori position).

And as a successfull business man and pillar of community upgrade to position of Grand Pensionary (head of Dutch Government......major Glori position). Long speach's to the States General or at banquets with reference to your time before the mast and how being the slave of Borneo head hunters made you the man your are today has got to be a must.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:35 am

Yes, some of the smaller positions shouldn't cost as much. Since it's all hand moderated, you're basically paying for the GM's time, so it is more expensive.

Since we're here, we obviously think it's worth it!
    coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by coffeedog14 Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:35 pm

indeed. And it is my plan that, if I wish to continue, I'll effort to guide my swashbuckler into leading progressively larger groups, albeit possibly not quite in the more traditional way laid out (headhunting borneo slave still an option tho).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 am