Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

4 posters

Femke de Waard

coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2015-07-01

Femke de Waard Empty Femke de Waard

Post by coffeedog14 Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Hello and welcome to the page of my swashbuckler for game 10. In the interest of keeping a record, getting in character, and also keeping myself writing, I think I'll put some journal entries here for Femke's perspective on events.

Until then, anybody else planning on doing this for game 10? And also, to make me feel less guilty about my own plans, what's the most ridiculous thing you've done?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Femke de Waard Empty Re: Femke de Waard

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Read mine Richard had me hunting a sort of Baron frankenstien in one plot!
    coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by coffeedog14 Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:13 am

After looking through your log, it does indeed make me confident mine can be naught by a little more silly XD

Questions for you:

1. is there some way the players chat in particular? Outside of in game letters and the forum?
    2. do you happen to know who netherlands of game 10 is? I figured I'd talk things through with them, to make sure I don't spoil any of their stuff right off.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:30 am

You can only post in the forums about game 10 and see who replies remember anything in here can be seen by the gm so any plans have to be seen to be actioned in game to take effect
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Revenant Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am

For sheer (and hugely unsuccessful) silliness, see the adventures of Tom Blakeney - the man who lost his coat quite early on and is yet to gain another...
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:50 pm

coffeedog14 wrote:After looking through your log, it does indeed make me confident mine can be naught by a little more silly XD

Questions for you:

1. is there some way the players chat in particular? Outside of in game letters and the forum?
    2. do you happen to know who netherlands of game 10 is? I figured I'd talk things through with them, to make sure I don't spoil any of their stuff right off.

I think the theory is that if someone is playing a country ie the UDP & someone else is playing a Swashbuckler character the two should not really impact each other a great deal. The general level being:

a) Letter from SB character to Army/Navy Minister along lines of "I am a fine upstanding Dutch Patriot of good family etc, etc can I please have a commission in Unit X, Y or Z"

or

b) Letter from head of Naval Int to the newly commissioned Lt F "Please visit Brest and report on Strength of French Fleet in Harbour......here is £50 to cover costs"

Basically Countries/Ministers know they appoint lots of officers and agents who are all assumed to be doing things but below General Rank they are unlikely to actually notice or pay any attention to their doing's unless things go very right or very, very wrong.

And if you do something which the Dutch Govt may not like........they can always deny knowing you and claim you are a French/Austrian/German agent out is spoil the good name of the Republic.

Also expect that even if the Dutch Player grants you wish and gives you a Commission in the finest Cavalry Regiment some clerk (Herr Watts) will probably mix up the commissions and you will probably find your character posted to some hell hole garrison unit in Africa.

For info read the Kingmaker guide to "Colonial hell holes I have known part 1 West Africa" .......and as a Dutch SB character Richard has loads more places he can send you too than a mere Prussian.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Also expect that even if the Dutch Player grants you wish and gives you a Commission in the finest Cavalry Regiment some clerk (Herr Watts) will probably mix up the commissions and you will probably find your character posted to some hell hole garrison unit in Africa.

For info read the Kingmaker guide to "Colonial hell holes I have known part 1 West Africa" .......and as a Dutch SB character Richard has loads more places he can send you too than a mere Prussian.
    I can vouch for that.... Femke de Waard 3304014933
    coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by coffeedog14 Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Duly noted all, and thanks! I'll just try to stay out of the way enough to not attract any negative royal attention...for a bit XD.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:17 pm

coffeedog14 wrote:Duly noted all, and thanks! I'll just try to stay out of the way enough to not attract any negative royal attention...for a bit XD.

Since the UDP is a Republic avoiding negative royal attention should not be too hard Very Happy

Actually most (but not all) Glori du Roi players will try and help swash buckler characters and minor trade company positions on their territory.

Partly this is based on the "One Volunteer is worth ten pressed men" theory.

Some of us also suspect that Richard may use swash bucklers (esp Nobles & Gentlemen) & trade companies as samples of "public opinion".

So if you have swash buckler and minor characters who either like the 1st Minister or say he is an idiot (and they have not yet be convicted of piracy and/or high treason) they may be viewed as representative of at least part of public opinion and influence a positions honour score/business confidence. Not saying this is the case but its a working theory for some inc me.

Mind you for reason's unknown SB players never seem to have never fancied joining any of my Glori forces.....not even the Rumelian Cavalry in G2! Its not as if its that dangerous I would say that my units losses have been if anything below average.
    coffeedog14
    coffeedog14
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by coffeedog14 Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:39 pm

I stand by my statement. Never know when Royalists are about, best just to stay out of the way of the shifty folks XD.

And cool! Femke may or may not be horrible attached to her nation, so perhaps you'll get the chance to have one at last! Maybe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm