Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

2 posters

BBC4 The Stuarts in Exile

Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

BBC4 The Stuarts in Exile Empty BBC4 The Stuarts in Exile

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Anyone else watch this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06bflr4/the-stuarts-in-exile-episode-1

Episode one ran the time frame of 1688 to 1715. James II, The Old Pretender, and Marlborough and all that. The propaganda machine run from Paris that brought Jacobite information and slogans to England and Scotland through newspapers, poems, portrait paintings and popular song. Fair enough it could only skim over details, but I found it of interest.

I don't know if the above BBC iPlayer video will work in other countries other than in the UK, I'm afraid.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

BBC4 The Stuarts in Exile Empty Re: BBC4 The Stuarts in Exile

Post by Stuart Bailey Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Rozwi_Game10 wrote:Anyone else watch this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06bflr4/the-stuarts-in-exile-episode-1

Episode one ran the time frame of 1688 to 1715. James II, The Old Pretender, and Marlborough and all that. The propaganda machine run from Paris that brought Jacobite information and slogans to England and Scotland through newspapers, poems, portrait paintings and popular song. Fair enough it could only skim over details, but I found it of interest.

I don't know if the above BBC iPlayer video will work in other countries other than in the UK, I'm afraid.

Thanks for posting the link I enjoyed watching the episode.

Its odd how in games of Glory du Roi, Jean Bart and Rene Trouin seem to feature more than Forbin. Which is odd since Forbin was a Grand Admiral of Siam, one of the few witnesses to Louis XIV 2nd wedding to his probable long time mistress Francoise d'Aubigne and as the program showed sailed the Jacobites to Scotland in 1708.

I wonder if this is because Bart & Trouin are basically pirates/privateers with or without French Royal Commission while Forbin is not from Saint Malo or Dunkirk and is basically a holder of a Royal Commission who sometimes goes in for Privateering more in a French Black Operations style than for fun and profit.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm