Beer!

Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Beer!

Post by Jason on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Ok, really nothing to do with the games but based on a couple of chats I've had with people here recently, what are your preferred beers?

Despite my profile pic, I always go for anything by Brewdog, who are based not far from me in Aberdeenshire.

I'd be interested to see the results, I have a theory about beer and PBMers but will see what responses I get before I say anything Smile

Stuart Bailey
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2012-01-29

Re: Beer!

Post by Stuart Bailey on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:36 am

Beer......nasty stuff on the couple of times I have drank beer it tasted sour/gone off.

I suspect that my semi tea total state is left over from the days when I was young & fit and did not want toxins in my system.

The other point is that I have a sweet tooth and I am probably close to being a chocolate addict.

Dont they say you either like Chocolate or Beer?
one grain of grain
Baron
Baron

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Post by one grain of grain on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:53 am

I have found that as I have aged and changed countries my tastes have changed and been forced to change, Born NZ started drinking DB (Dominion Breweries) a dark beer with flat gas content, Moved to Australia in 1988 when 28 (Western Australia) worked in the mines around Kalgoorlie drank Emu Export a lighter lager beer but working in the high heat sweating a lot this beer gave me a cracking headache, Then progressed to VB (Victoria Bitter) in the mid 90s
as demand for this product forced the hotels to put it on tap, a lager it seemed to suit me better working long hours in the heat (no head exploding headache's), Then as I have gotten older and boutique beers have become all the rage I prefer Corona, a pale lager from Mexico, however age has curtailed my consumption greatly.

One Grain

PS and in game being a devout Muslim I have never let Alcohol pass my lips and denounce you infidels and your blasphemous habits.
Rozwi_Game10
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:30 am

Don't drink any more but;

I used to prefer John Smith's 'Magnet' Best Bitter when in a pub. Or a Guinness.
At home, either Newcastle Breweries Brown Ale or Theakston's Brewery Old Peculier (ale).

Basileus
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:46 am

To my disgrace as a teenage I used to drink larger top, dont ask if you dont know. Today it would be a bitter depending on which pub I was in, but my beer drinking days have long gone becomming suceptable to migraines in my thirties and forties. Red wine is now definately out but bitter, stout, gin or vodka are ok.

jamesbond007
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by jamesbond007 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Cannot drink Bitter or Ale. Too strong for me. By far my favourite Lager is Budweiser. Rarely drink any other Lager.

Drink tea more than anything. My tea of choice is Earl Grey. With a splash of milk.
revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan on Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 am

Beer... Never acquired even the slightest taste for it. I will stick to Community Dark Roast Coffee and a splash of Bailey's!
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:45 am

As a lad at home it was mild, in the army it was local larger (Germany) then larger back in England or local brew where ever I was stationed. Now I usually only drink on holiday or special occasions and then only local stuff

The Real Louis
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Real Louis on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:40 am

Guess we're getting a picture here... As a youth I tended to vodka-and-something while my oppos were drinking light-and-bitter (commercial beer in those far gone days being so awful you had to cut it with a bottle of something else). Maturing I took to red wine, but I've always enjoyed a single good pint when in the right mood (my bladder can't take any more these days). Being an adoptive West Yorkshireman of course I have to vote for the excellent Timothy Taylor's "Landlord", unbeatable when at its best.

J Flower
King
King

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Favorite is Guiness, but most any dark beer will do, have gotten a taste for some of the German Dark Beers as well.

When back in UK then it is Real Ale, from local brewers.

Tried Glhbier last Christmas which against all expectations actually tasted good (yes Hot Beer!)

Reference Chocolate I am waiting until they produce a Patch, similar to the one for smokers , then I think I can probably give it up with Medical assisstance.
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Ah the good old Dunkel beer used to like that too in Germany not many try them but they were quite good

J Flower
King
King

Number of posts : 703
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 am

Once say this written on a pub toilet wall, it may be a dire warning to us all.

" If the bottom has dropped out of your world, then drink Triple Crown & watch the world drop out of your bottom."

Rozwi_Game10
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:56 am

J Flower wrote:Once say this written on a pub toilet wall, it may be a dire warning to us all.

" If the bottom has dropped out of your world, then drink Triple Crown & watch the world drop out of your bottom."

Laughing Laughing

I'll pass, thanks. It was bad enough the first (and only) time I tried Vodka. That stuff does not agree with me!
Deacon
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm more for spirits than beer, but I live in Portland, Oregon and we have a _LOT_ of very good breweries around here.

When I'm in the beer mood though, I'm partial to hefeweizen with a bit of lemon.
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Oh, I know your breweres Deacon Smile Rogue is my preferred one of yours Smile My local brewery, Brewdog, has a small chain of bars too and Rogue is sometimes on their guest list-also my other half's best friend lives in Astoria and so I often get Rogue sent over Smile

Back to my original post, well I think my theory has been disproved, had the idea that PBMers were more prone to real ale than anything else, so seems I got that one wrong Smile But has been interesting to read everyones responses, thanks Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:36 am