Military-Themed Film Quiz

Rozwi_Game10
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2015-08-15

Military-Themed Film Quiz

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Just for fun - so no prizes in other words.
If you want to give it a go, I'll provide the answers at a later date.

1) The actor, Val Kilmer said the line, " I'm your huckleberry," in which 1993 American Western film?

2) Ronald Lee Ermey (professionally known as R. Lee Ermey) was originally hired as a technical adviser, but was then cast as a main character, in which Stanley Kubric war film?

3) Dale Adam Dye, Jr. (top technical adviser to Hollywood) has featured in such films and television series as Platoon and Band of Brothers, but what US Military service is he a retired member of?

4) What colour was the little girl's coat in Steven Speilberg's (predominantly black and white) film Schindler's List?

5) The German actor Gert Frbe, who played Auric Goldfinger in the James Bond film Goldfinger, appeared in which 1962 war film as the Unteroffizier "Kaffeekanne"?

6a) The Germanic war chant in the battle scene at the beginning of Ridley Scott's film Gladiator, is the war chant used in which other film?

6b) And, this film depicts the action near a crossing point on the Buffalo River (English translation used) where a historic British defence, in the southern African continent and now being well-documented and celebrated, what is the name of this 1879 battle?

7) The 1984 film The Killing Fields is concerning which Asian country?

8 ) What is the name of the film, based on a 1955 novel by Graham Greene, where Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser play a British journalist and an undercover CIA officer respectively, set in 1950s Vietnam?

9) In the 1972 West German film Aguirre, the Wrath of God, the Spanish soldier Lope de Aguirre, who leads a group of conquistadors down the Orinoco and Amazon rivers, is searching for which legendary city of gold?

10) The 1959 film Ben-Hur, starring Charlton Heston, was nominated for 12 Academy Awards and won how many?

11) The city of Deadwood, USA, the historic town where "Wild Bill" Hickok was shot dead at during a poker game and a location depicted in many Cowboy films and television shows, is part of which US State?

12) In the literary work, and the film and television productions, of War & Peace, Prince Andrei Nikolayevich Bolkonsky is wounded and then, some years later, seriously wounded in which two, major Napoleonic battles?
Deacon
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1332
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Re: Military-Themed Film Quiz

Post by Deacon on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Tough questions! I'd have to google most of them. Could only answer 2 off the top of my head, and think I know the answer to a third.
revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:33 pm

1) Tombstone (One of my favorites and that is by far not the best line. Answers to questions like... Where's Wyatt? "I have one for each of ya!" "You tell them I'm coming" etc...)

2) Full Metal Jacket... Likewise a great film. Private Pyle had a major malfunction!

3) Guessing here... Marines?

4) Red

5) Couldn't tell ya!

6) Zulu!

6b) Rourke's Drift

7) Guessing - Cambodia?

Cool No clue!

9) No clue!

10) 12... Complete Guess

11) South Dakota

12) I know Borodino was one... Can't remember the other without looking it up.

What do I win!!!

lol!
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:31 pm

The only one that Rev doesn't know that I think I do is

9) El Delardro
Rozwi_Game10
Duke
Duke

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:39 pm

Here's the answers;

1) Tombstone
2) Full Metal Jacket
3) U.S. Marine Corps
4) Red
5) The Longest Day
6a) Zulu
6b) Battle of Rorke's Drift
7) Cambodia
8 ) The Quiet American
9) El Dorado
10) 11 Academy Awards
11) South Dakota
12) Austerlitz & Borodino

Thanks for taking part Very Happy
revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:28 pm

No prize!!! confused Suspect sword

Thanks for the fun... I forget how much random stuff I have stored from time to time.
Rozwi_Game10
Duke
Duke

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:55 am

revvaughan wrote:No prize!!! confused Suspect sword

My Swashbuckler character could go into the insurance business and offer you a great deal on fire insurance in G8?

Or, gift the Worshipful Company of Woolmen a flock of sheep on your behalf?

Though it may be difficult to herd them through the houses on London Bridge ... I don't want to even think about ferrying them across the Thames on any of those small row boats working from the various steps lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 pm