Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

Scramble -type Toy Soldier Wargame - The Sudan. Victorians Chaps versus the Mahdi.

Rozwi_Game10
Marquess
Marquess

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2015-08-15

Scramble -type Toy Soldier Wargame - The Sudan. Victorians Chaps versus the Mahdi.

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:45 am

Sands of the Sudan At Shildon Show 2016

Table top wargame using toy soldiers. The Mahdist War in the Sudan.

Pre-Show Set Up

The British Relief Column

The besieged settlement, guarded by Egyptian Infantry & British Engineers.
Also, being the whole point of the game, the General's Daughter - who needed rescuing!

Me. The chap who caused a riot in the native village early in the game, then buggered off for dinner!
Captain Roy Williamson, VC

Full blog post with pictures, and story, to be found here
http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/sands-of-sudan-at-shildon-show-2016.html
Deacon
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1315
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Re: Scramble -type Toy Soldier Wargame - The Sudan. Victorians Chaps versus the Mahdi.

Post by Deacon on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Awesome. I run a globe-trotting league of extraordinary gentlemen RPG with some friends and they just had a run-in with the mahdi's forces.
Rozwi_Game10
Marquess
Marquess

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2015-08-15

Re: Scramble -type Toy Soldier Wargame - The Sudan. Victorians Chaps versus the Mahdi.

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:37 pm

They were fanatical buggers, those Mahdi's, in our game.

Complete Fog of War was used, with the chance of, random card-drawn, enemies popping up all over the place.

So the Camel Corp approaches the Native's village, and is met by a host of spear-armed hostiles. Only problem is, it turns out they'd seen my chaps 'seeing off' some Sudanese postcard sellers with a volley of black powder (fired over their heads. honest). Next minute the host of hostiles has become a horde, and the whole village is up in arms and wanting British blood. Me, the commander of said Imperial troops, takes inspiration from Harry Flashman VC, pops off to lunch and leaves the other chaps to fight and survive the mighty scrap I'd caused.

I then had the cheek to join the Bengal Lancers and win the day by rescuing the lady!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:30 pm