Colonies

revvaughan
King
King

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Colonies

Post by revvaughan on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:52 am

In one of my games I play the King of England. I notice that I don't have a Royal Governor in all my colonial holdings in North America and was under the impression that if city did not exist on the report then nothing had been done there. I believe this to be the wrong idea now so I am curious as to what would be correct here. Should I place royal governors in each of the colonies that England did indeed hold in 1700? Should I ask a minister for advise on this?

Thanks,

CRV
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1602
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Re: Colonies

Post by Kingmaker on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:06 pm

I woul d place one there but also seek advice on how to manage them....Royal Governers have been known to side with Pirates etc because they are so far away from the Throne and take bribes...

revvaughan
King
King

Post by revvaughan on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Much like what has just happened in Game II with Mr. Teach. I ordered the Royal Governor of Jamaica to be replaced by an new player. This was done at the same time that Teach was spotted to be in Kingston. The turn before he murdered a Spanish official in cold blood. The previous governor sent a letter to the Crown and reminded me that we had an agreement with this bandit.

CRV
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:20 pm

revvaughan wrote:In one of my games I play the King of England. I notice that I don't have a Royal Governor in all my colonial holdings in North America and was under the impression that if city did not exist on the report then nothing had been done there. I believe this to be the wrong idea now so I am curious as to what would be correct here. Should I place royal governors in each of the colonies that England did indeed hold in 1700? Should I ask a minister for advise on this?

Thanks,

CRV

That's interesting, in the game I'm England I've just done the same thing and appointed a whole load of governors for all my mainland American colonies. I foudn some lists on wiki of the governors ofr the time and tried, as far as possible, to use them. Now just got to see how it goes.

I have noticed that even if a city or settlement isn't shown on the map it can exist or comes into existance if you ask about it; found this with a small colony in India in one game for example.
revvaughan
King
King

Post by revvaughan on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 am

Putting a massive group of governors in place in the colonies! Just want to make sure that I was on the right page with this.
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jason on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:42 am

revvaughan wrote:Putting a massive group of governors in place in the colonies! Just want to make sure that I was on the right page with this.

I'll let you know how it goes, could completely backfire of course! Its a bit of an experiment really, I just want to see how it goes. I mean, what's the worst that can happen...other than the ARW 70 years early...
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Post by Kingmaker on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:32 pm

In Game 3 the Americas are already established as a Power

revvaughan
King
King

Post by revvaughan on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:13 pm

I have taken notice of that and dearly desire to prevent it. Should have the units in place and the investments to secure their loyalty.
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Jason on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Kingmaker wrote:In Game 3 the Americas are already established as a Power

The only thing I've noticed is when they have an active player, he never seems to hang around long; for example I'm pretty sure they aren't active at the moment
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Post by Kingmaker on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Game 3 player has been active for a while hsa been there before I rejoined the game and helped kick the Shahs butt....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 am