Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

A New Dawn in Amerika North

pulphero
    Surf
    Surf

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2017-08-24

A New Dawn in Amerika North Empty A New Dawn in Amerika North

Post by pulphero Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm

I've just picked up the Amerika North position and would love to hear from those familiar with its history, in particular my predecessor's relations with other players. I want to start with a clean slate, more or less, so if you absolutely hated the former president, you can let those feelings go. Open for business.
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

A New Dawn in Amerika North Empty Re: A New Dawn in Amerika North

Post by revvaughan Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Her Majesty's Government welcomes you... We were friendly with our cousins across the pond and had several agreements in game. Expect a letter this coming month as a way of introduction.

Looking forward to working with you.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Always good to see a new player in a game Smile
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:54 pm

I second what has been said above.......and welcome new players to scabble.

Ref past events/relations of Amerika North very roughly I would say:

1) Generally hostile to Amerika South....they fought a full scale Naval Battle with Amerika South forces over San Diago and the rest of the time relations have tended towards the "Damn Yankee" & "Redneck" school of megaphone diplomacy.

2) Very poor relations with the Mohox......who have given at least one Amerika North invasion a good kicking. While Fleet sent to get General Grant out had a disaster in the ice.

3) Amerika North Governments have generally have better relations with European Powers and Trade Companies than Amerika South which at one stage was at war with the British & Austrians. But rather pointedly it did not join this attack and has shown a marked dislike for European expansion in the Wild West:

- How anyone would have doubts about such spiffing chaps as Lord Derby, the HEIC, the Tea Cartel and the Opium Cartel remains a mystery and their have been no actual conflicts to date. Just concern expressed in Washington about Spanish Fleets in the Amerika's. British take over of Ohio etc.

Think none of the above should be a surprize unlike some of the really odd stuff in Washington and New York.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm