Virgin Turn Queries

The Real Louis
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Virgin Turn Queries

Post by The Real Louis on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:53 pm

I've just received my first-ever set of TGOK results. I failed a couple of understandings, which have been clarified by Richard (and I'm surpised that I didn't fail more!) That still leaves me with some questions about the way my orders worked - which I thought it would be more fun to ask here than to direct at a busy GM.

I attempted some 13 diplomatic orders. I can see that some (most) have taken effect. I know my 13th hasn't yet. My 4th order was to raise a statue or two to myself. I can't see that noted as a result anywhere (no statues listed in towns or whatever), but I know that my 5th order went into effect. Do I assume my statues are up or in the process of being raised?

My 6th order despatched some Prospectors, again no note that that has gone into effect, but my 7th and 8th orders did happen. Same question, really, as for statues.

Then I sent out some Ambassadors. They aren't listed in the appropriate section of the newspaper, so do I assume they are on their way - or maybe waiting for next month for the orders to be actioned? In either case, is it okay for me to send off some letters with this next set of orders "introducing" the ambassadors to their respective courts? Or would it be best to wait until I know theya re in place?

Apart from that, all's clear, and no-one's attacked me yet - but I can see that playing this game is a bit like steering an ocean-liner, what with the long response times between order and result. I'm sure that's half (?) the fun.

Jim
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Re: Virgin Turn Queries

Post by Kingmaker on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:34 pm

ok PM me I will try to answer, but did you fund all these things is my first question?

Next there may be a reasin like with that amount o orders he did what he could first. Ask your ministers why these things where not done, but if you want any help as i say PM me and i will walk you through orders, also check the Beginners guide in the forum.

Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm sure KM with be able to help you but my thought was have you opted into the 'extra diplomatic orders' option? You end up sometimes paying extra a turn as a result (Richard can perform a certain amount of changes per turn within the normal turn-I've just never quite worked it out) but if you haven't, it might be Richard did what he could this turn and the rest should be done in future turns-though this might have a knock-on effect for similar orders in future turns.

jimbotten wrote:I've just received my first-ever set of TGOK results. I failed a couple of understandings, which have been clarified by Richard (and I'm surpised that I didn't fail more!) That still leaves me with some questions about the way my orders worked - which I thought it would be more fun to ask here than to direct at a busy GM.

I attempted some 13 diplomatic orders. I can see that some (most) have taken effect. I know my 13th hasn't yet. My 4th order was to raise a statue or two to myself. I can't see that noted as a result anywhere (no statues listed in towns or whatever), but I know that my 5th order went into effect. Do I assume my statues are up or in the process of being raised?

My 6th order despatched some Prospectors, again no note that that has gone into effect, but my 7th and 8th orders did happen. Same question, really, as for statues.

Then I sent out some Ambassadors. They aren't listed in the appropriate section of the newspaper, so do I assume they are on their way - or maybe waiting for next month for the orders to be actioned? In either case, is it okay for me to send off some letters with this next set of orders "introducing" the ambassadors to their respective courts? Or would it be best to wait until I know theya re in place?

Apart from that, all's clear, and no-one's attacked me yet - but I can see that playing this game is a bit like steering an ocean-liner, what with the long response times between order and result. I'm sure that's half (?) the fun.

Jim
The Real Louis
Duke
Duke

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Real Louis on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks DCE - I'm guessing my surplus orders might be "held over" like that - so will be going for slightly less this time, until I find some sort of level of activity that's okay without the paying extra (I'm not tight or anything, but I do live in Yorkshire...)

Jim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 am