Rozwi_Game10
Prince
Prince

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2015-08-15

Re: Help, please. If possible?

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm

I think we've got goats sorted, thanks.

Abyssinia has a reputation for good goats, right?

Maybe we should look to import camels? ...or llamas?

One giraffe for your zoo, in exchange for 10 furry South American beast of burden ... seem a good deal?

Ooh, guinea pigs! Guinea pig farming to aid famine relief. Onto a winner, there!
Deacon
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1430
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:57 pm

I would think twice about lowering taxes to raise EH. Yes, it will help raise EH, but it will also rob you of income in early years when you need it to feed the army you need to do proper nation building.

Later on, it isn't a bad idea.

I would also seriously consider recruiting some european ministers. There is nothing that suggests you can't find some ambitious europeans who can help you organize cotton and indigo plantations, and other forms of investment.

I think the idea that you can't access a modern economy if you put your mind to it is wrong. Your key challenge, I think, is to build a truly strong economy, you need transportation infrastructure, and that isn't a quick fix problem.
Rozwi_Game10
Prince
Prince

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 am

Yes, I'm still not sold on the idea of lowering taxes, to be honest. I'm going to be closing some infrastructure that is now no longer relevant - as it failed to work / is in the middle of nowhere (whoops!), but the savings only just cover the annual upkeep of the improved roads. Hoping to see if my caravansaries and market places pick up this next year ... unless famine strikes (though we'll be better able to combat it this time around ... hopefully).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 am