Universal Education

Deacon
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1456
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Universal Education

Post by Deacon on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Has anybody ever implemented universal education? Did you notice a difference of any type?

In game 8 I have enough to just implement the whole thing all at one go, and with my newfound impatience am thinking of just doing it rather than building up to it over years. It's a pretty big expense, obviously, so I'm wondering if it will have much actual in-game impact or if it just gives me bragging rights.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Nexus06
Marquess
Marquess

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-04-14

Re: Universal Education

Post by Nexus06 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Im implementing in g9 as Russia.

I can at the moment confirm that it has little or no effect. Maybe only because im Russia.

UDP on the other hand, seems to gain honour even farting. So if you are UDP maybe it will provide honour.

BUT

I feel better with myself by having improved literacy and medical coverage, even if it is in a simulation. It make me feel a better person. Therefore i strongly suggest you to do it.
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:39 pm

I did it as Hanover in G2 (largely as a way of spending money) but like Nexus it did make me feel better Smile I did notice an unexpected honour increase afterwards so I guess it might have had some positive impact

Stuart Bailey
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:47 pm

In G7 I have been slowly turning the Holy Inquestion into the Spanish Department of Education and building lots of Catholic Church Schools as we try and hold the line in Europe & turn the America's into a Catholic Utopia away from the Heretics and Ottomans of the Old World.

As well as the cost of schools and books I can confirm that free school dinners cost a fortune!

Too date spending millions of pounds on schools and school dinners seem to have done nothing for Spanish Economic Heath or Honour scores but I like to think a new generation is growing up with a sound knowledge of reading so they can read the surmons of Cardinal Portocarrero, writing so they can inform their friends and formula's like:

Hapsburg = Good

Grand Vizier/Bourbon's = Very Bad

Basically I think education in game is just a very expensive part of the propaganda budget.
Deacon
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1456
Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Very expensive indeed, since for Hispania in game 8 I'm looking at about 75M to implement it, give or take.

I guess you pays the money, you takes the chances!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:16 pm