Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

Prestige Points (PPs) at start up

Poll

Should there be more PPs available for set-up?

[ 2 ]
    Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_lcap50%Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_lcap25%Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_lcap25%Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_lcap0%Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    john_tindall@mlc.com.au
    john_tindall@mlc.com.au
    Squire
    Squire

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2009-01-26

Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Empty Prestige Points (PPs) at start up

Post by john_tindall@mlc.com.au Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:27 am

Hi everyone - I hope you are well.

Richard has recently clarified for me that all actions cost Prestige: including writing an article for 'The Times', borrowing funds, investing in trade, funding arms bureau research, retiring or disowning characters, creating a new character, purchasing weapons, and so forth. Given that this is our start-up turn (creating armies, moving characters, etc), I've suggested we should have (say) 12 PPs for our first set of orders, then six thereafter. I'll start a poll to gauge your thoughts.

I'm sure Richard will appreciate our feedback.

Regards,

John
    nazareth
    nazareth
    Squire
    Squire

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-04-25

Prestige Points (PPs) at start up Empty Re: Prestige Points (PPs) at start up

Post by nazareth Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 am

I voted no. While we all would like to have more PP's with which to work and hopefully that will come with success, we all are not created equal. I would venture to guess that Great Britain for example is much more powerful and well situated that most of the other positions. There may be another position or two that is there with the English. It's my opinion that giving everyone extra PP's at startup will, instead of giving us all a good head start in the game, might instead give those who have more to start with already, an even bigger head start.

Speaking as a small fish in a big pond.......
    Rowey
    Rowey
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by Rowey Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm with nazareth on this one and also voted no, us small fish need to stick together!

Besides, one of the appeals of the early game is the gradual build up of tensions and gathering of information.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm