Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

Victorian Science Fiction Colonial (Glory of Kings) Game

count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Victorian Science Fiction Colonial (Glory of Kings) Game Empty Victorian Science Fiction Colonial (Glory of Kings) Game

Post by count-de-monet Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:12 pm

I am not sure how to start this topic, but having just read Richard's add to the subject "Whatever happened to?" I wanted to share an idea for a game inspired by Space 1889.

I had proposed the idea to Richard some time ago but the idea has never been picked up probably due to time and effort and perhaps copyright implications, although games such as Gunboat diplomacy have tapped into the historic period.

The idea would be to take the Glory of Kings game mechanics and style of play and lift it onto (primarily) the planet Mars, bringing in the wonderful world of HG Wells etc. For those that do know the concept of Space 1889 all the colonial powers are transferred to Mars, each hold small trading posts and military forces pitted against larger but ill equipped Martian clans.

I always felt like it was an opportunity for the tested Glory of Kings games, diplomacy, trade, finances and wars to be spiced up with simply flying vessels and other weird and wonderful contraptions and stories of Martian legends.

The thread isnt a push on Richard to pick up the idea again but wondered what other thought, and perhaps game setting ideas of their own that Agema could consider.
    Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2010-02-15

Victorian Science Fiction Colonial (Glory of Kings) Game Empty Re: Victorian Science Fiction Colonial (Glory of Kings) Game

Post by Regor Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Having just re-read the War of the Worlds - I'd like to go for something like this! Very Happy
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Victorian Science Fiction Colonial (Glory of Kings) Game Empty Re: Victorian Science Fiction Colonial (Glory of Kings) Game

Post by Kingmaker Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:34 pm

the Original war of the worlds by HG wells is the best
    Regor
    Regor
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 346
    Registration date : 2010-02-15

Post by Regor Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:25 pm

yes that's the one I am referring to: better still I live and work in the area described int he book and wonder if someday i should get the old OS maps and plot/walk the Surrey journeys of the hero Question

Oh yes I think I shall...

First science fiction book I ever read. Blew me away! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 am