Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

5 posters

Not so new

mmcdhoward
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

Not so new Empty Not so new

Post by mmcdhoward Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Hello everyone,

Not entirely new here, but just taking a foray out in to the forum. I used to play as Hesse-Kassel, and now I'm taking a larger (but still not too large) state in Game 9 that shall remain nameless.

Just wanted to say hello to all and tell you how much I'm looking forward to conquering, by marriage, war, or otherwise!
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2555
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Not so new Empty Re: Not so new

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:39 pm

mmcdhoward wrote:Hello everyone,

Not entirely new here, but just taking a foray out in to the forum. I used to play as Hesse-Kassel, and now I'm taking a larger (but still not too large) state in Game 9 that shall remain nameless.

Just wanted to say hello to all and tell you how much I'm looking forward to conquering, by marriage, war, or otherwise!

Hi,

The only people who normally put their marriage policy ahead of their war policy are Hapsburgs, are you one of them? or was that a typo?

Actually G9 can do with some old style war lords its all too "enlightened" and civil at this moment in time with even the worst rows seemingly able to be settled over a game of cards!

Hope you enjoy yourself and help to stir things up a bit

Stuart
    mmcdhoward
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by mmcdhoward Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Ah Stuart, it was neither a typo, nor am I a Hapsburg. I'm just not looking to scare anyone before my armies go crashing over a border to claim what's rightfully mine. Very Happy 

I've quite enjoyed the "enlightened" tone of the game so far. I've even dabbled in it. It's a great way to give the appearance that you have nothing to fight with.
    MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Number of posts : 260
    Registration date : 2012-11-03

Post by MarkTurner26 Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Stuart, what's wrong with being enlightened eh ha ha, I am just warming up!!!!!!
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 pm

mmcdhoward wrote:Ah Stuart, it was neither a typo, nor am I a Hapsburg. I'm just not looking to scare anyone before my armies go crashing over a border to claim what's rightfully mine. Very Happy 

I've quite enjoyed the "enlightened" tone of the game so far. I've even dabbled in it. It's a great way to give the appearance that you have nothing to fight with.

Ahh..........its an "enlightened" Ottoman affraid 

One moment its fancy pasty chefs, large ladies feeding the Bey of Rumelia Turkish delight, Horse races, classic theatre in Athens and Opera houses in Belgrade.

Then as soon as your back is turned its "I love the smell of burning villages .........it smells like Victory" classes in impaling for beginners and Ottoman claims that they only want what Venice pinched from Constantinople in 1204.
    mmcdhoward
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by mmcdhoward Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Well Stuart, somebody has to teach the weak willed Europeans the proper technique for making a man stay alive while you get him on the stake. There's a lot of technique to it. I'll be honest though, I prefer crucifixion to impalement. Twisted Evil 
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 pm

mmcdhoward wrote:Well Stuart, somebody has to teach the weak willed Europeans the proper technique for making a man stay alive while you get him on the stake. There's a lot of technique to it. I'll be honest though, I prefer crucifixion to impalement. Twisted Evil 
    I understand that there is two methods of impalement.........the classic victim in the upright position or the victim flat which means you can get multi uses of your stake.

This has a basic advantage over crucifixion in that you use a lot less timber.

The other advantage is that crucifixion result's in 10% tax on the Church Bills being passed on the nod by diets in Spain, Austria, Poland etc and people earning lots of honour points by wrapping themselves in white flags with big red crosses. Papists really are a very
    touchy bunch about this type of thing.

Its a sad but true fact about Agema NPC's that "sweet reason" does not work on them, "Terror tactics" have a very limited and local effect and tend to result in a nasty backlash......... the only thing which ever seems to work on them is good old fashioned bribery.

If anyone has examples of something other than bribery working on Agema NPC's please, please, please let me know.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I can attest that bribery and its variants seems to be the sole way of effectively moving NPCs. They are immune to reason.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Deacon wrote:
    I can attest that bribery and its variants seems to be the sole way of effectively moving NPCs.  They are immune to reason.
    Rats Sad 
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Jesting aside, I think it's just Richard's way of simplifying his life.  If he has to stop and parse every argument and rank and grade it.  Far easier to see how much money you commit as a symbol of your interest.  A kind word and 10,000 pounds goes a lot farther than just a kind word...

I have had a few occasions where NPCs were moved by the fineness of my argument, but never on a matter that was important to the game in a fundamental way...

J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:05 am

Have had the pleasure of playing Kaiser to a totally NPC HRE; flattery, bribes, Family ties, threatss tried them all none of them worked. Most of the time there is no reaction at all to various orders or offers given to any of them. When I finally had enough & decided to be more forceful in my arguements It ment the NPC Swedes & French decided to protect the rights of the NPC German Princes. So I suppose marching into there lands is a form of getting their attention other than bribery, does it count?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm