Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

5 posters

First Turn Impressions

Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

First Turn Impressions Empty First Turn Impressions

Post by Kingmaker Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Ok who ever plays the game post some comments here so we can all see whats what.  study 
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

First Turn Impressions Empty Re: First Turn Impressions

Post by Basileus Thu May 08, 2014 7:11 pm

Ok, will do, I am sending my registration in over the next couple of days - my character will be Mikhail Istanovich flying the spaceship Thoth.

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Have just sent off my sign up and set up to Richard...so Thomas Glover, of the Jo Sho Maru, is on the loose...
    Joedylan
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2014-05-07

Post by Joedylan Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Henry John J Lefford of the Starseeker made a break from the murderous forces of the  Majoritists today.

First impressions.  The game starts in medias res, the coup talked about in the rules is coming to a bloody conclusion  with a  character and ship that have  just escaped to earth orbit with a burning need to be elsewhere.   from a storytelling point of view I really  like this, putting on the pressure first turn.

The character sheet and ship sheet where as expected from the example with the rules, For the captain  one skill at 6 , a paltry stock of credits and  and plenty of space for notes as the situation develops.     The ship  is the default Cascade Class Merchant Trader described in the rules and its stats  are way more involved than the captains   it has lots of percentages and values to take stock of. Thought these are numerous it does seem to be largely self explanatory. As it stands,  the Cascade class is  far closer to the Serenity that the Liberator, thought it does have a laser Very Happy

From the stats of the ship power management will be a 'thing' as the ship can consume power faster than it generates it except when  operating at the lowest levels and adding new gear to the ship will  doubtless increase the potential drain.

This was a startup turn of so there was no real 'action' to resolve except the setting the scene but there  are  number of obvious leads and story threads to follow up   as well as the option to burn for space  or  to be  'creative'  so next turn should be interesting indeed Very Happy

The MP3 was a scene setting narrative.  The propaganda and news look to be starting next turn.

Overall: thumbs up!  I shall be writing my orders for the next turn soon Smile

Last edited by Joedylan on Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Post by Guest Mon May 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Just to concur with Joedylan's comments Smile

There is a lot to this game and it will require a lot of thought but should be great fun. Definitely a lot of scene setting and possible avenues to follow in the first turn..also clear that our characters are very much individuals...

Will be interesting to see who we all are Wink

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed May 14, 2014 10:25 pm

So open-ended turns, but limited options, so not likely to end up like some of my glory turns that run way too long and too expensive?
    Joedylan
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by Joedylan Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Timited by circumstance certainly, I haven't got a real feel for the rhythm of the game yet. When I see the results of my up comming orders, I'll have a better idea. Certainly I suspect the scale of the game will paradoxicly be a break, with travel distances, refit rimes and hyperspeed limits grander plans seem like they may get spread into chunks over multiple turns. Of course that all said circumstances change.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2556
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun May 25, 2014 12:45 am

First turn for the not so Good ship Olympic has arrived and first impression is that the game is going to be like Swashbucker with extra technical problems and probably invalid Insurance.

Its only T1 no one has shot at me and I have not crashed the ship into anything but:

1) The computer information library is corrupted
    2) Hull integrity is at 90%........what happened to the other 10%?
    3) The Escape pod is out of action

After dropping off Cargo & Mr & Mrs Smith at the Heathrow Star Port Crew on R & R.......no doubt they went on leave while ship underwent a overdue service & MOT!

To avoid the revolution in London had to blast off without service checks or crew......sure this will invalidate Insurance.

Also without Cargo or paying passengers. I do however seem to have a unpaying passenger to judge from the number of sentient life forms on board.

Rather hope T2 is taken from the film 5th Element but knowing my character's normal luck with Agema NPC's I suspect Alien may be closer to the mark. First Turn Impressions 313066936 

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Well, turn done and sent back...ship in a similar position to Stuart...but luckily being an honest businessman, with little interest in politics (though of course at the same time keeping in with everyone), I have nothing to fear from the new, rightful government... tongue 
    Joedylan
    Freeman
    Freeman

Post by Joedylan Tue May 27, 2014 10:53 am

My second turn sent Smile fingers crossed
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue May 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Joedylan wrote:My second turn sent :)fingers crossed

Doomed, Doomed we are all Doomed Question 

As a matter of interest/odds is any character wearing a Red shirt?
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue May 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Jason wrote:Well, turn done and sent back...ship in a similar position to Stuart...but luckily being an honest businessman, with little interest in politics (though of course at the same time keeping in with everyone), I have nothing to fear from the new, rightful government... tongue 

Honest businessman.......just like the Opium Cartel & the Hon East India Company in Scabble? And the HWIC in G7?

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 9:58 am

Stuart Bailey wrote:
    Jason wrote:Well, turn done and sent back...ship in a similar position to Stuart...but luckily being an honest businessman, with little interest in politics (though of course at the same time keeping in with everyone), I have nothing to fear from the new, rightful government... tongue 

Honest businessman.......just like the Opium Cartel & the Hon East India Company in Scabble? And the HWIC in G7?

Oh, I'm honest...for a given value of honest.. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content