Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

2 posters

La Difference

The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

La Difference Empty La Difference

Post by The Revenant Tue May 26, 2015 10:22 am

My Swashbuckler (TM) character recently received a letter from a player running a nation in the same game, suggesting various paths my character could take in order to benefit from their in-game patronage (which would be very welcome!). The player also explained that they had no experience of running a Swashbuckler (TM) character, rightly anticipating that there would be some difference from that of running a nation. Which set me to thinking...

What are the main differences? My immediate reaction is that time moves really s-l-o-w-ly for a Swashbuckler (TM). A month for an army or a bunch of officials to move from town to town, or for an academy to be built, is more than reasonable; but a Swashbuckler (TM) achieves a day (or a few hours) worth of actions in a game-month - maybe just a conversation (and that not necessarily complete). That's ok - but makes it kind of hard to match speeds with a nation-state. Conversely (in my experience, and this may just be down to the way I play or the decisions I have made) opportunities can change rapidly; one month you are talking to some white men of dubious politico-religious affiliation, and the next you are out in the wilderness trying to decipher the natives (for instance).

What do my fellow Swashbucklers (TM) think are the big differences, and how feasible is character/nation interaction?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

La Difference Empty Re: La Difference

Post by Kingmaker Tue May 26, 2015 7:17 pm

yes much like that I spent months hunting the Swashbuckler version of Baron Frankenstein, but in game appeared to be only a few weeks....

It is hard to marry up SB with LGDR...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm