Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

Are the Germans taking up cricket?

Poll

Are the Germans about to take up cricket?y

[ 0 ]
    Are the Germans taking up cricket? Vote_lcap0%Are the Germans taking up cricket? Vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Are the Germans taking up cricket? Vote_lcap0%Are the Germans taking up cricket? Vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    Poll closed
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2568
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Are the Germans taking up cricket? Empty Are the Germans taking up cricket?

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:39 pm

In scrabble the Russians have just marched into the western (German) Ukraine claiming that the ex-German chancellor - Otto von Bismarck promised them these four provinces in return for help in the very long Ottoman-German war. Which the Germans have indeed just claimed victory in helped by the Russians.

This resulted in conversation between a somewhat confused local German administration and the Russian Army which boiled down to the Russian saying "Are you calling my Czar a liar?" to which the reply was “Yes!” ....“Er, I mean, no. Oh I don’t know…”

This translated into English from the German would seem very very like the classic conversation between two English batsmen face to face in the middle of a run between the wickets of.........."Yes! No! Maybe?"

So are the Germans taking up cricket Shocked

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:46 pm