Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

I ain't Dead!

Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Number of posts : 676
    Registration date : 2019-06-16

I ain't Dead! Empty I ain't Dead!

Post by Jason2 Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:21 pm

A quick apology to anyone waiting for a letter from any of my alter-egos, namely

1) G7: Prince Vasily Golitsyn, Governor of Department East
    2) G9: Lord Fong, Shield of the Empire, Governor of Kwantung
    3) G10: Lord Melville, of Scotland
    4) Rome is (not) Burning: King Calgacus of Caledonia

2023 is lining up to be bigger mess than 2022 (or 2021...or 2020) and time for games is limited (for I think the first time ever in 20 years of playing Glory games, I failed to submit a turn-for Rome). I fear things will get worse before they get better.

So please if I am very slow at replying to letters, don't assume I've dropped out, it's simply down to 2023 getting in the way
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2015-04-14

I ain't Dead! Empty Re: I ain't Dead!

Post by Nexus06 Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:49 pm

All Hail Lord Fong!

Btw is it just me or everybody here is depicting Lord Fong as Emperor Ming portrayed by Max Von Sydow? Does lord Fong has a daughter?
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2568
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:18 pm

Nexus06 wrote:All Hail Lord Fong!

Btw is it just me or everybody here is depicting Lord Fong as Emperor Ming portrayed by Max Von Sydow? Does lord Fong has a daughter?

Probably played by Lucy Liu

Nexus06 likes this post

Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:25 pm

Jason2 wrote:A quick apology to anyone waiting for a letter from any of my alter-egos, namely

2023 is lining up to be bigger mess than 2022 (or 2021...or 2020) and time for games is limited (for I think the first time ever in 20 years of playing Glory games, I failed to submit a turn-for Rome).  I fear things will get worse before they get better.

So please if I am very slow at replying to letters, don't assume I've dropped out, it's simply down to 2023 getting in the way

Probably a side effect of spending so much time at sea working with things which grin all the time.

Still your messenger got eat by a Whale makes a change from the orders got eat by my British Hunting Hound or the Legate is still locked in the Bath House which is the other reasons given for why the Invasion of Brittania in RIB has gone no where at all. Not even a day trip to the Welsh hills. guwhich is dog wmy orders got eat by a Hunp
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:53 pm

Jason2 wrote:A quick apology to anyone waiting for a letter from any of my alter-egos, namely

2023 is lining up to be bigger mess than 2022 (or 2021...or 2020) and time for games is limited (for I think the first time ever in 20 years of playing Glory games, I failed to submit a turn-for Rome).  I fear things will get worse before they get better.

It would seem that Prince Fong-Melville Lord of Caledonia is not the only one snowed under with work (and Snow) as following message sent by vets concerning a poor wee hagi (hope it makes a full recovery):

Wilson & Partners - Veterinary Surgeons

In the early hours of Saturday morning we had what we thought was an injured haggis brought in, but after listening to the wee thing shouting 'fair fa' your honest sonsie face....... Wee sleekit cow'rin tim'rous beastie....'  and 'some hae meat and canna eat'  repeatedly for 2 hours, it was obvious he was suffering from severe burns.
    We started him on an irn bru intravenous drip, hot toddies, and shortbread fed little and often.
    By Saturday night he was looking much better.
    By Sunday morning he was starting to smile and looked like a totally different haggis.
    By this afternoon he had finished the shortbread and the full bottle of whisky, was grinning from lug to lug and is completely away with the fairies. We hope to sober him up and release him onto the Lomonds tomorrow. 😁🐭
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Number of posts : 676
    Registration date : 2019-06-16

Post by Jason2 Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:12 pm

I do like the idea of Max Von Sydow as the most honourable, peace-loving and all round decent Lord Fong...though (as a fan of Chinese cinema) I do imagine him as the Chinese ruler (played by Daoming Chen) in the film "Hero"

And no, he doesn't have a daughter!

Apos in advance if its at least another 2-3 turns before anyone hears from me in games...also before anyone asks why I am posting on the forum instead of writing in-game letters...it takes me less than 5 minutes to do a forum post, 30 minutes to write an in-game letter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content