Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

2 posters

An apology to all our investors in Africa

The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

An apology to all our investors in Africa Empty An apology to all our investors in Africa

Post by The Revenant Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:56 am

It is with sadness and some embarassment that I'm posting here to say that as of this turn (April 1707) I'm dropping from Game 10. There are farewell letters in the post to my established correspondents, but a bit of ooc explanation here. I took on the Asante as a small nation, hoping to keep it simple, as a change-down from running France in Game 8. However, such is the addictive nature of the game that I kept on digging myself a bigger and bigger, and ever more expensive, hole. So that by now it has reached a point where I can no longer give it the commitment that it demands (partly also as a result of increasing busyness in my real-world existence [all pleasant stuff, but time-consuming]: the curse of being retired). Also at this point I have achieved the "personal target" I set myself, to unite all 3 Akan-speaking nations into one polity. so it made an appropriate end-point.

Major apologies to those who have invested time, effort and gold in supporting the Asante. It's not unlikely that i will return at some point to GoK (trying again to keep things small and simple...) so I hope no-one will bear any grudges! And it is good to see the game so highly-populated, so you won't miss me too much.

Fare well, everyone. Long may your kingdoms clash and rattle!
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

An apology to all our investors in Africa Empty Re: An apology to all our investors in Africa

Post by Marshal Bombast Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:33 pm

Sorry to see you go from G10, it was great to see African positions active and you brought a lot to the continent and the game.

Everyone needs motivation otherwise it can become boring if you're aimlessly playing. Like you suggest I also love that in TGOK you can set your own goals

Hope to see you in a game in the future

Stay safe

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm