Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

4 posters

Greetings

Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Greetings Empty Greetings

Post by Marshal Bombast Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Hello everyone, I've been playing pbm on and off with Agema for a few years now. My most memorable game was as Scotland in LGDR Game 1, I think it was, as Earl Cardogan in Scotland a few years ago. Working as a library manager I have moved around and not always had the time to commit to the game as my travel time increased and the rest of life got in the way.

Currently I am on the field of battle in a game of NB3 which is the first game I ever played with Agema after reading good reviews in Flagship. Shortly after the those first games I played in the NB campaign of a French invasion of England. I could not decide which force to play (infantry or cavalry) and asked Richard to decide for me. Richard also chose my commanders name in the campaign which I have fondly adopted for NB3 and now use as my user name. I often wonder where Richard got the name from for me, possibly the as a result of the letters to rulers I wrote in LGDR when some other nation caused offence? Then again maybe it came out of the ether.

Anyway I hope to be able to contribute to further enjoyment of the games and will probably go back to playing in The Glory of Kings after I have returned from the field of battle - if I can wait that long. But first to find a suitable avatar.

I look forward to meeting you all. Very Happy

Yours Marshal Bombast (Mark)
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Greetings Empty Re: Greetings

Post by Kingmaker Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 am

Greetings and welcome to the Agema forums.

If you look here Ricahard has kindly listed the current ratings and positions

https://agema.darkbb.com/napoleonic-battles-f9/played-this-game-t20.htm

this is me BTW Crook/Zeithen 7 4 1 2 23 Duke

All we need now is you back in LGDR and it would be pefect king

BTW just remembered I think I played in that invasion of England as french Cavalry
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Marshal Bombast Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome Kingmaker. I have just ordered the rulebook for TGOK as I recycled my earlier copies when making space which included the other supplements, but it's worth getting again for all the enjoyment and camaraderie in the game.

If I remember correctly my first engagement in the invasion campaign was against a French cavalry division where I shattered my force on it until reinforcements came at Attleborough to finish the job. I spent the rest of the time galloping around the south coast, in French uniforms taken from the first engagement, capturing and destroying French depots to prevent them getting their supplies and causing their troops to desert. Laughing Kingmaker I hope that it was not your division I took the uniforms from and caused any dishonour to. Ultimately there were too many French troops for us to repel but it was fun watching the Red Spot cause such panic when the local French commanders saw their depot go up. Since then I moved over to command armies on the continent in further battles of NB. That campaign was the most enjoyable game I have ever played. Do we have any ideas as to when the next grand battle/campaign will be?

Are there any other veterans of this campaign out there? Perhaps we should carry this thread on in the NB section?

Regards.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:52 pm

Well I played for a while in the Spanish campagin and I also played in a Russian one, but the commander was awful and ended up leaving. My first campagin was execelant and I really enjoyed that one holding the entire right flank on my own as a cava Corp, the inf corp left after the first turn so I was on my own! However I won through and got behind the enemy and we won!!

Certainly feel free to post in there. I know the Little Corperal played in a few as well....

The English invasion was a good game altjhough my memory is a little hazy now but I do remember how we nearly lost due to the depots going up!
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Hapsburg Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:28 am

Welcome aboard

haven't played NB for a long while but still well placed in the table:

Baldwin/F.Wilhelm 17 14 2 1 38 Prince

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as the games!
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:46 am

Nice to meet you... Now you guys are making me want to get in the NB games. I don't know what they are like and have only recently heard of them, but you never know what might be coming next.

I hope that you find you way back into the LGDR/TGOK word very quick. The games that I am in are certainly proving to be very interesting at the moment.
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Marshal Bombast Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks for the welcome Hapsburg. Hopefully I'll improve my ratings and reach the lofty heights of King or Emperor. A bit of a way to go though.

Mark Norman/Bombast 7 5 1 1 20 Marshal

The forum is fun and I'll probably be more about at weekends if I finish rebuilding my porch - the concrete on the floor does not want to stay in place. Oh well that's life.
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Marshal Bombast Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi revvaughan NB is a great game as you set up not knowing where or what composition your opponent will be or have, only the nation that their army comes from. The fog of war concept is really well done and I have not wanted to try another Napoleonic PBM - Thanks Richard - and setup is all important. It's well worth giving it a try if you like that period of warfare.

Just waiting for the rulebook for TGOK to come, maybe it'll appear with my NB turn. It will probably arrive when I have to work late.
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm

I believe that I purchased the rules to this game at some point about two years ago. I will check and see if I can put my hands on them.
    Marshal Bombast
    Marshal Bombast
    Duke
    Duke

Post by Marshal Bombast Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:35 pm

Marshal Bombast wrote:Just waiting for the rulebook for TGOK to come, maybe it'll appear with my NB turn. It will probably arrive when I have to work late.

Yup it arrived when I was working late. Here I come world bounce
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 am

Splendid... I am certainly looking forward to it. Maybe Game II and Game VII will show up on the same morning (Wednesday here in the states).

CRV

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 am