Troop movement hints and tips

Mustang Shooting Stars
Lord
Lord

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-10-17

Troop movement hints and tips

Post by Mustang Shooting Stars on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:46 am

OK, I am a bit confused about this aspect of the game.

Can anyone who reads this offer a few pearls of wisdom or tips on this?

I am finding it pretty confusing working out exactly where certain troops are...

To explain I can see where my troops are but for example once I see the ones that are stationed in Sofia as an example, others are then listed below that. I assume they are camped just outside Sofia - but where exactly? And if I, say, wanted to move them to somewhere west of Sofia how would I explain that in the movement order? Or do I have to move them to an actual town, city or army camp or create one first?

Many thanks!

Last edited by Mustang Shooting Stars on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further explanation)
Kingmaker
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1591
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Re: Troop movement hints and tips

Post by Kingmaker on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 pm

If it says Sofia and there is a list of troops under the town name they are there, it maybe that they are not formed into a unit yet and the ones above are this happens alot.

If they are not listed under any town, ie in the main heading of your report they have not been allocated a town yet

Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 pm

It could be you have a formed army present in the town, as well as garrison units. If that is the case, then there should be a flag beside one of the list of units (usually the second list)...though usually an army has a name Smile

Mustang Shooting Stars
Lord
Lord

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-10-17

Post by Mustang Shooting Stars on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks chaps. Things become clearer...

So do troops HAVE to be stationed at a city (so military orders have to be: move or can I have them camped a few miles, say, to the west of a city? And how would I specify that on an order if it is possible? And does that mean the troops are not supported and will start to tire/run our of food and supplies?
Jason
Emperor
Emperor

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Post by Jason on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:33 pm

As far as I can remember, troops are considered to be in a named location (town/city or a established fortress) and I can't remember a case of someone ordering an army to camp 'out in the open' as it were. The only time it has happened is during sieges (obviously) or if an army has been denied entry to a town for various reasons, in which case they sit outside...

...or a fleet not being able to dock at a town because its 20 miles inland with no rivers...(as I did once try to do)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:42 pm