Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

Gold into Coin

Gold into Coin Empty Gold into Coin

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:21 pm

I feel I should know the answer to this but I can't seem to find the relevant bit in any of the rules or supplements.

In one game I have some gold bullion at a treasury and at this stage, I need it as coin (rather than used for any other purpose). Do I simply order it converted into coin, if so, is there a fee for doing so?
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Gold into Coin Empty Re: Gold into Coin

Post by Deacon Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Just order it minted. No other action required. One way trip though. Can't get the bullion back later out of the coin.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks Deacon Smile

At the moment, I need the coin...next year that will change but for just this once... Wink
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2568
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:16 am

Deacon wrote:
    Just order it minted. No other action required. One way trip though. Can't get the bullion back later out of the coin.

Just make sure you have a mint in the same place as the bullion.........actually its easier to set up a mint next to the bullion since in my experience odd things seem to happen to bullion shipments:(

To avoid the avoid the endless problems with pirates, sinkings & shipments going to Manila rather than the Mint Spain in G7 now works on basis that 80% of its Silver/Gold is used in "Trade" ie productive stuff like Silver Spurs, Jewellery, Knives, forks, wine coolers, paying for balance of payments defecit with Chin.

While the other 20% (The Royal 5th) goes to bank to get minted into coins which are then loaned out and via Agema Economics turned into bad debts and insurance claims!

I like to think that the regular increase in the money supply and provision of financial services has been good for Spanish EH and people like to see the head of the Great & Good King on nice new shinny coins..........but it has to be admitted that it is a belief in G7 that most Bankers are ex-Pirates who have retired from the Sea and taken up the more profitable fields of Banking and Insurance (Fraud?).
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:45 am

You might be able to get a loan at a good rate if it is secured against the bullion itself which would avoid having to mint it. Just a thought.

In game 8 early on as portugal I got a good loan from the bank of england to jump start my economy (before I mucked it up), by agreeing to pay the interest rate in bullion.
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 427
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Ardagor Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:24 am

As China I just hoard it

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 pm

in future years, once my in-game finances have settled down, I'll hoard it but for one year it needs converting Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 pm