Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

Pets in game?

Pets in game? Empty Pets in game?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Ok, a less than serious topic but that's the joy of Glory (and Scramble), sometimes we aren't fully serious Smile

I'm cat sitting at the moment, I am actually glad I play by e-mail these days otherwise all letters would reach players with a certain amount of cat hair.  

Have any of you ever given your main character a pet?  We end up with them having wives, mistresses (I assume), children, but I can't recall anyone's character having a pet cat, dog, hamster, chinchilla... cat 🐶 🐹
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2568
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Pets in game? Empty Re: Pets in game?

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Jason wrote:Ok, a less than serious topic but that's the joy of Glory (and Scramble), sometimes we aren't fully serious Smile

I'm cat sitting at the moment, I am actually glad I play by e-mail these days otherwise all letters would reach players with a certain amount of cat hair.  

Have any of you ever given your main character a pet?  We end up with them having wives, mistresses (I assume), children, but I can't recall anyone's character having a pet cat, dog, hamster, chinchilla... cat 🐶 🐹

Not sure if these count but:

- Horse racing is very popular in many games and in one game one of the German players was keen on fox tossing.

- According to press reports in G2 the Sultan had a German Sausage dog called Rainer and in G7 Louis XIV had a French Poddle called James but some people have doubted if these were actual pets.

- Finally in G10 Daniel Montbars the French Viceroy of Africa keeps pet Crocodiles in a pond in the Ditch of his fortress at Mont St.Anna

Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:26 pm

As Duke of Savoy I was going to get the family a St. Bernard (Alpine Mastiff) but stopped playing before I managed it.

Currently attempting to breed Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs with Rozwi (obviously will need to call them a different name as a breed), and adopt one as a pet. Maybe Changamire Dombo should have himself a African Fish Eagle as a pet? Easier to keep than an elephant, possibly?!
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:44 pm

Darker than the light hearted bits here, but in game 8, crown prince Joao has a pair of pet pygmies. They showed up a few times in the paper when he was younger.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:15 pm