Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
Nexus06
Rozwi_Game10
6 posters

Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health

Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health Empty Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:31 am

Not sure if this is the best place to make this announcement, but it is as good a place as and any.

In my personal life I'm suffering a bit at present and I'm cutting back on my involvement and time spent on the Internet. I've always suffered with physical health problems and issues with my mind, well it looks now like I missed being diagnosed with having an autistic spectrum disorder as a child (all the symptoms were there when we all look back) and this has led me to suffering a marked mental health issue, now, in my adult life. Asperger syndrome is the current favourite and I'm awaiting a final assessment and diagnosis. Anyway, whatever it is that is affecting me it has been recognised that I need to cut back on my time on the Internet (among other things) as I have a tendency to become obsessively absorbed to the detriment of the more immediate needs to lead a healthy lifestyle.

So I'm going to be leaving this forum once my current reply obligations are met. I'll be continuing to play TGOK Game 10 as Rozwi, as I've found the position to be easy to navigate culturally and technologically and not overwhelm me with the vast options that most TGOK positions enjoy. Plus Agema games give me an outlet to play and roleplay socially while I adjust to my better understanding of what I can and can't do in life.

Should anyone want to reach me in Game 10, then please do write me. Rozwi does reply to all letters, even if they be written in a form of pidgin English sometimes (to reflect the roleplaying of language barriers). And please don't worry that you need to treat Rozwi with kid gloves after having read what I've written above, just treat Rozwi as you would any other position. I'm, still, well capable of playing Rozwi and enjoy the challenge of experiencing Africa in the game.

Should anyone ask in the Game 10 thread where I've gone (no longer posting over there in the future) then please direct them to this post.

If I ever do have to leave Game 10, then I will let people know in the game through personal letters (written out of character) should Richard allow me to reveal my leaving. And will tidy up any loose ends with other players before I do call it a day as best I can (as in diplomacy, joint ventures or campaigns). Not that I'm envisioning having to leave, but should I do I won't leave players or the game with outstanding problems of my creation.

Thank you everyone. Forum members and Agema staff alike.

Roy
    Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2015-04-14

Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health Empty Re: Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health

Post by Nexus06 Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi Rowzi

I'll take the chance you are offering me to say hi. Coming out with physical and mental challenges as you are doing right now is very brave, and i can see why you have chosen one of the pridest warriors tribe of Africa to represent yourself in the game.
    I too had and have to struggle against mental challenges, under the form of depression. And even if some days are bright and some are dark, i can fully understand the power you have to face, of a mind which trick ourselves, or that we have to learn to leave with.
    We had no encounters in the game, but we did exchange some messages on the forum, and while i want to say that i have enjoyed each of them, i also want to say that that you are taking the right decision because putting yourselves first is always a good choice.
    I hope you'll soon find yourselves able to lead the best lifestile you wish, and thank you for the exchanges we had.
    Hope to get in touch in some of the games sooner or later.

Ciao
    Luca
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health Empty Re: Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health

Post by J Flower Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Dear Roy,

It has been a pleasure to have been able to share this forum with you. Thankyou for all the smiles & enjoyment you have brought with you to share with us on this forum, it will certainly be a duller place without you.

I feel honoured to have been able to play alongside you.

Wishing you well for the future & success in all endevours.

Jason
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Our prayers are certainly with you and I look forward to working with you the future.

CRV
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Hapsburg Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Best wishes Roy. We didn't interact in the game but I always read your posts.

Tudor
    Rozwi_Game10
    Rozwi_Game10
    King
    King

Number of posts : 661
    Registration date : 2015-08-15

Post by Rozwi_Game10 Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Thank you.

This will be my last post on the forum.

As I've said, I'm still playing Rozwi in Game 10 (going to be working on my turn reply this afternoon) so you'll still read about me in the newspaper or via in-game letters.

Best of luck everyone in all of Agema's games!
    one grain of grain
    one grain of grain
    Baron
    Baron

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2012-11-17

Post by one grain of grain Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 am

Sad to hear of your health issues Rozwi, I enjoyed your posts from game 10.

Take care of yourself and all the best.

One Grain. Rozwi_Game10 - still playing, but leaving the Internet due to my health 627167562

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:01 am

Understood Old Boy.

A good friend of mine is on the spectrum.

It is not easy, but there is a path to learning how to manage it.

I wish you all of the best in your journey (in case you occasionally stop by and read this).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm