Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

4 posters

Wargaming

ginger
    ginger
    Lord
    Lord

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Wargaming Empty Wargaming

Post by ginger Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Does any other forum user play with little toy soldiers, rules, dice & a tabletop other than myself?
    I know that Agema does rules for tabletop gaming anybody played any? I've read of the accounts of battles played using these rules in one of the LGDR source books & I do look at what is to offer from Agema when checking out rules.
    Are there other gamers who would like to state their preference of periods?

My periods of choice -
    Historical
    War of the Roses in 6mm scale - just sorting this little lot out. Going for The Battle of Bosworth Field OOBs & then sorting them to fit with C.S.Grants programmed scenarios for solo gamers.
    C18th fictional campaign using 2mm figures (blame Agema & Battlegames magazine Razz )
    Napoleonic in 2mm scale - specifically the Iberian Peninsula campaigns. (blame Bernard Cornwell Very Happy ) Although I currently only have French & Austrians for the 1809 campaign ready to play with Embarassed
    WW2 - France '44 British & Germans using a hybrid FoW/BKC set of rules
    Games Workshop - read fantasy/science fiction.
    Bloodbowl (fantasy football for Tolkien type races) - Dark Elves (evil), Orcs & Goblins & Humans
    Warhammer (fantasy grand skirmishing using Tolkien type races) - The Empire & Night Goblins.

Last edited by ginger on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Wargaming Empty Re: Wargaming

Post by count-de-monet Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:56 am

I like to wargame too. Although lately, while my collections continue to grow, I unfortunately dont actually play as much, simply because the opponent I most wargamed against has moved away.

Anyway my collections are;
    28mm Wild West
    28mm Pirates
    28mm Darkest Africa
    28mm Irish War of Independence
    15mm (FOW) German DAK, Italians and British 8th Army
    10mm American War of Independence
    10mm American Civil War

As you can see in a larger scale I tend to go for skirmish type wargaming, while battles tend to be in the smaller scale.

Thinking of adding a 28mm zombie skirmish collection
    The Little Corporal
    The Little Corporal
    Lord
    Lord

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by The Little Corporal Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:57 pm

oh my, well i used to. i have a good set of 15mm Russian/Polish/Dutch 17th century figures but haven't played for years, after i left london the nearest players were miles away!

occasionally think about strating again but can never muster the enthusiasm!

Also have a good collection of avalon hill games - Original squad leader/Third reich are my favourites plus the Tactical Magazine game of the war in Italy 1943-44 plus loads of others...one day they'll all be highly collecteable and saleable!
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 pm

well I would like to try some board games like that but same problem, there is onlly warhammer groups here Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:03 pm