Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

unit experience

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

unit experience Empty unit experience

Post by Deacon Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Just curiosity, but the game rules strongly imply that different units are better/weaker depending upon type and situation, but I don't see anything that addresses unit experience. I would assume that units that have seen combat would be better than green troops, even if well drilled.

Does anybody know how this works in game?

count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

unit experience Empty Re: unit experience

Post by count-de-monet Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 pm

I dont know this for fact, and I suspect Richard wont reveal too much, but it wouldnt surprise me if each unit has some "hidden" notes that only Richard knows....and so units have some attributes built up on experience. Might stand firmer under fire, might be more aggressive in an attack. That sort of thing. Of course these notes might not always be good !
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Well, as Richard said in another thread, ships can rot in the tropics after 10 or 15 years. Since my turn sheet doesn't include the age of any of my vessels, I have to assume that there is some hidden notes on various assets.

Experience makes a lot of sense, just didn't know if anybody had any real confirmation on it.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:31 pm

it also depends on the country you play some troops in natins are better than others and also how that country is ruled. For instance say Russian troops are inpired by the Tsar and fear punishment if they retreat, some muslim troops could be inspitred by the Iman and religous zeal, some may be of low birth and not able to fight no matter how well trianed etc. Do not forget eqipment as well. It is all well and good having troops that are ready to fight to the death if their eqpt is of a poor quality or vastly inferiror to the enemies.

There is a lot to be considered when waging war besides saying go there and win or else!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:59 pm