Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
count-de-monet
Deacon
6 posters

How many orders

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

How many orders Empty How many orders

Post by Deacon Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm not sure I want to confess my own, but how many orders do you have on your turn before you start to say "this is just too much"?

I'm busy cutting orders and slopping them into next month's turn, but then I guess the January investment cycle is always a bit busier once you have all that lovely, lovely cash to blow! Very Happy
    count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

How many orders Empty Re: How many orders

Post by count-de-monet Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:34 am

way way too many is the answer for me.....if the Betty Ford clinic takes LGDR addicts for rehab please let me know.

I try to limit myself to one side of A4 for my diplomatic orders, but I agree the January turn is always a busier one.

Half of my problem is being so badly organised. I hope others are as dis-organised and I am not the only one Richard has to sigh to himself over. The number of times I have to put in corrective orders, to clear up a mess on something i had promised to do, at a given time, and then simply forgot! A nightmare.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 pm

An interesting question Smile

I do try to limit my orders a bit; even with the 'unlimited' military orders option, I [/i]try[i] to limit myself to no more than one more military change order than would be allowed under the old system. Doesn't always work of course Wink but I do try to be good...

Diplomatic orders varies, sometimes I get very carried away and send off an A4 sheet full. My limiting factor can be financial...do I feel flush enough with cash to pay for the extra work Richard needs to do Shocked and like the Count, I do fear Richard must shake his head at some of the silly mistakes I make in turns...
    Hammer of God
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2011-01-05

Post by Hammer of God Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:27 am

I am in a position where i have very few recruits but still send in orders all over the place such as building ships with no shipyards !!! My shipwrights just shake their heads and begin work on the beach LOL. An A4 sheet seems about right for this turn and I like to wait until the payment date for all my builds and forces comes through before I push on again.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:50 am

Ok, I think I'm done with my turn, and the body of it runs 7 pages (american ones anyway)! You guys are just way not longwinded enough.

Of course, I can't just give an order, I have to give a self-important speech to my advisors about it. I hope richard doesn't mind :-)

This turn I wrote two pages of a conversation with Gottfried Liebniz which could have as easily been "Hey guy, welcome to Lisbon."
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 427

Post by Ardagor Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 am

My maximum for diplomatic orders are an A4, often less.
    Military orders vary from just a few to as many I can find space for on the sheet.
    baggins
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2010-09-04

Post by baggins Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm with deacon, when i play france is six or seven pages (excluding letters) but when i play in game 8 (much smaller positon, no war) its 2-3.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673

Post by Kingmaker Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:44 pm

I agreee with Ardagor, I use A4 and number my orders, usually never more than 10 to a sheet. If I have an order that is a long one I may limit my orders for that turn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:55 pm