Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+4
Basileus
MarkTurner26
Stuart Bailey
The Revenant
8 posters

Thomas Blakeney

Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Thomas Blakeney - Page 4 Empty Re: Thomas Blakeney

Post by Kingmaker Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:49 am

he will take one from all the dead bodies.....  Thomas Blakeney - Page 4 169354432 
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:14 pm

How does a post battle surplus of coats in the New World help a coat less Tom in London?

Can he pay the Coat shipping cost to get a coat sent from New York to London?

Also Imperial Troops are known to use spherical case shot what happens if his 2nd hand coat is all cut to bits?

Surely with all the different factions active in the British Isles he can find a regt or a ship to join which pays a bounty?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:35 pm

How does a post battle surplus of coats in the New World help a coat less Tom in London?
    By Royal Clipper.

Can he pay the Coat shipping cost to get a coat sent from New York to London?
    Pay on receipt (it will take a while I am sure he can get some cash by then)

Also Imperial Troops are known to use spherical case shot what happens if his 2nd hand coat is all cut to bits?
    start a New fashion called Shabby chic

Surely with all the different factions active in the British Isles he can find a regt or a ship to join which pays a bounty?
    Chocolate food stuffs will not clothe him!
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

Post by The Revenant Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 am

You lot are having far too much fun at poor Tom's expense... Poor fellow is too proud to enlist as anything less than an officer - and without money (or coat) it's impossible to do that (or much else at all, it turns out). Anyway, clothing transport costs are not involved, as it seems TB is on his way (free of charge) to collect in person, should a blood-stained coat or two be available.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:53 am

jimbotten wrote:You lot are having far too much fun at poor Tom's expense...  Poor fellow is too proud to enlist as anything less than an officer - and without money (or coat) it's impossible to do that (or much else at all, it turns out).  Anyway, clothing transport costs are not involved, as it seems TB is on his way (free of charge) to collect in person, should a blood-stained coat or two be available.

As Tom is on his way to the New World does this mean he has converted from being a Catholic? And has now been thrown out of the Country by James III along with the rest of the possible trouble makers?

If Tom is not a coat less religious refugee fleeing the Tyranny of James Stuart I assume he is with John Henry AKA Olivier Levasseur and on his way to help Brigadier Stark. I dont mean to worry you but recent reports indicate that:

- The Sons of Liberty view John Henry as a turn coat and a traitor........probably have the feathers plucked and the tar on the boil.
    - The Williamites and the HWIC lads are also likely to do something nasty to a hated rival.

Getting out of your own English colonies:

- The French colonials and their Indian allies are mostly Protestant & hostile and carry scalping knives.
    - The Spanish have Stark, Levasseur etc down as Pirates and crew mates of their foe Blackbeard (Blame you know who for sacking Havana).........Their Rangers also scalp people they dont like.

Ho Hum.......look on the bright side.......you can probably run faster without a Coat.
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:02 pm

'Fraid all your assorted guesses as to why Tom might be in the New World are just not complicated enough for Richard...

Which is why Tom is now at the first real cross-roads in his life. Without being too specific: he was given an interesting, dangerous, and potentially high-profile secret mission... and then promptly stripped of all his material means of accomplishing it by the self same people that commissioned him (that was when the lost his coat, along with all his cash and equipment). He tried his best to accomplish said deed on somewhat less than a shoestring, but got hijacked by his own gentlemanliness and whisked off to the future US. So the current dilemma is - whether to head back to Blighty and try once more to accomplish said deed, or stay where he is and start a "new life". Anyone got any (helpful) suggestions?
    Basileus
    Basileus
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 458
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Basileus Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm

New life
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:00 am

new life new chances and opportunities.
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Hmm... kind of the way I was thinking myself - it just clashes slightly with Tom's po-faced gentlemanly mores, but I guess I can work round that!

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Think I'd agree with everyone else, given what's happen to you of late a new life make sense!
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:19 am

Next month... Naughty Richard! Some interior speech-expressed thoughts of Tom ended up being spoken aloud, to the great embarrassment of all around. The moral being - take great care about how you express your intentions in your orders! On the up-side, Tom has (mysteriously, in game terms) received a very welcome letter which he is willing to spend his last guinea on replying to... while meanwhile the search for gainful (honest!) employment continues. Anyone heard of someone in America called Alan Standing???
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:54 pm

nope..... study
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Nope, I got nothing from googling either- so not an historical character, and not seeming referred to in the game newspapers, so I can "safely" play it by ear... (oh lord!)
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 pm

jimbotten wrote:Next month...  Naughty Richard!  Some interior speech-expressed thoughts of Tom ended up being spoken aloud, to the great embarrassment of all around.  The moral being - take great care about how you express your intentions in your orders!  On the up-side, Tom has (mysteriously, in game terms) received a very welcome letter which he is willing to spend his last guinea on replying to...  while meanwhile the search for gainful (honest!) employment continues.  Anyone heard of someone in America called Alan Standing???

From mentions in the papers I think Alan Standing is in game an American Merchant/Explorer who has dealings with Indians (The Fur Trade?).

I assumed HWIC but such have been the coming & goings in the British Isles & their colonies in recent years it seems highly possible that some "Merchants" have worked for the HWIC, the Jacobites, The Sons of Liberty, the Spanish, The Dutch, The French, Blackbeard and probably a couple of others.........often at the same time!!!!!

If Tom is looking for fun & profit in the America's did he see the bit in the paper that said the reward for Blackbeard's head is now up to £60,000.

Of course saying alive long enough to enjoy the cash may be a bit of a problem. Suggest a new name, a new coat and somewhere a long way from the Sea pirat
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:26 am

Game 2 beckons I need another trusty officer in my FrieKorps.....
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:15 pm

From mentions in the papers I think Alan Standing is in game an American Merchant/Explorer who has dealings with Indians (The Fur Trade?).

"Dealings with the Indians" sounds like a safe option for poor Tom (hollow laughter in background). At least they're not bothered if your Protestant or Catholic, or royalist or rebel...

Thanks for the closer reading/memory of the newspapers than I'd managed. (Why keep a brain if you can ask someone else?)
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:24 pm

jimbotten wrote:

"Dealings with the Indians" sounds like a safe option for poor Tom (hollow laughter in background).  At least they're not bothered if your Protestant or Catholic, or royalist or rebel...

a scalp is a scalp is a scalp......  Wink
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:38 am

OOps! It's so long since Tom sent a letter that I'd forgotten it cost a guinea to write and a guinea to send (assuming you can't do either of these for yourself). Only having had 1 guinea to his name, poor Tom is now in possession of a beautifully-written letter, but zero cash and no way to send said missal until he's earned some...

Frustrating, because this letter was by way of being a particularly important reply, and one would not want to be thought disrespectful...

In for the long haul.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:14 am

you've got to pick a pocket or two, you've got to pick a pocket or two....... Suspect
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Too much of a gentleman to go in for outright thievery (besides which, vs Richard, that would be also a dangerous option). Having said which, the orders I'm considering for next turn leave me wide open to Richard-style mischief. But that's where the fun is. I guess??
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:13 pm

correct.... clown
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Post by Stuart Bailey Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:07 pm

jimbotten wrote:Too much of a gentleman to go in for outright thievery (besides which, vs Richard, that would be also a dangerous option).  Having said which, the orders I'm considering for next turn leave me wide open to Richard-style mischief.  But that's where the fun is.  I guess??

If Tom is too much of a gentleman to pick a pocket I guess in G7 America's this leaves:

- Piracy with Blackbeard.........according to current stories this is perfectly safe and the Spanish anti Pirate Patrols are not at all interested in the £60K reward.

- Sign on as a slaver or fur trader with the HWIC

- Act as a guide for Jesuit missions trying to convert the Indians

- Join the Russian, Spanish, Dutch, French or Williamite Military as a Merc.

What could possibly go wrong?.............apart from Ship-wreck, yellow fever or getting captured by hostile Indians?

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:43 am

hiring yourself out as a bully boy Smile
    J Flower
    J Flower
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1239
    Registration date : 2012-02-16

Post by J Flower Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:43 am

The post of head Vodka taster to the Indian nation is also open send a CV to the govt. in Yorktown. You'll get a new coat with matching hat, scarf & gloves, & a very fast horse.
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:47 pm

All tempting offers/suggestions! Tom is pursuing what could be any of them via hoping to get some employment (of any kind, so long as it's paid) from this Alan Standing npc. (Isn't selling alcohol to the Native Americans illegal yet?)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content