Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

4 posters

NWOL...

revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

NWOL... Empty NWOL...

Post by revvaughan Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 am

For anyone interested in a game that covers the period of history dealing with the little guy from Corsica... I believe that you will find it at the following site http://www.distance-simulations.com/

I have been involved with games offered by the Historical Online Learning Foundation since 1996, and find that there is never a dull moment. If you are interested in reading the old HOLF "Dispatch" papers I would be happy to post or send them to you so that you may gain an idea of what we do and are about. Currently in NWOL II, I have the honor of serving His Majesty King William IV of England as the Prime Minister and First Lord of the Admiralty. My PC, Lord Vandervent, Duke of Suffolk can't wait for the next turn where my Red fleet, under Lord Admiral Organge - Lord Vice Admiral Price, will destory the Italian Navy in the Med and prepare to take their cities form them. It is certainly a strange world that sees England and France joined together since the rest of the majors turned on England for actually acting like the England if 1793. Presently, all but mighty mother Russia runs before us. Through the commerce raiding of the Royal Navy the economies of the world are in shambles and we Britons are preparing to push on.

The American Civil War version of the game is currently in BETA mode and will be coming out shortly. However, the Civil War portion of the game was the flagship in years past, and has been more fun than I can imagine. I have commanded Confederate Naval Fleets that torched New York, and Union Fleets that sliced into the South at all angles.

Give us a look!
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

NWOL... Empty Re: NWOL...

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:33 am

oh very interesting I like this era but do not think I have time currently to jump in..... Suspect
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:39 am

It could really be a small time consumer to begin with. I can play my position well in about 45 minutes twice a week. The order process is easy to get and the diplomatic portion of the game runs with email and a listserv. Can't beat it for faced pace action.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:41 am

hmmm will have to look when I get home then I am currently working out of our office in Leeds this week (horrendous early starts 0530!) so may look in later...
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 am

Good deal... Burning the midnight oil here working on an alarm report on the other computer and about to hit the sack. Sheesh, it is 0145 here.
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:48 am

0750 here and the coffe is thick and the sandwich a bit limp....

Last edited by Kingmaker on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:54 am

I believe it is time to hit the sack here... You never know when that pesky lady on the other end of the pager will send you on your next adventure. Look forward to the many discussions on here.

GRACE and PEACE
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:55 am

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Sleep
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Crushing victory for His Majesty's Navy in NWOLII!!!!!!!!!! The power of the Italian Navy has been broken and my officers in the area are chasing down the remnants. I will post a link to the newspaper there once we have it written.
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:39 pm

The British and French Coalition continues to march off to the east. The Baltic nations have surrendered and now there are only the Russians and Austrians are left.

CRV
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:53 pm

We should be gearing up or the start of NWOL III in the next few months. If anyone is interesting please contact me and I will get you into the academy so that you can prepare for action. See my earlier posts for a good description of NWOL. Further, we are also getting ready to launch a new CWOL game (IX-I Believe). If anyone needs an American Civil War fix, this will be where to find it.

CRV
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:30 pm

looks interesting as I have said before but I feel I do not have the time to play it properly
    nazareth
    nazareth
    Squire
    Squire

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-04-25

Post by nazareth Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:48 am

I'd be interested in the cwol. Any information would be welcome. Game play, turn around, cost, rules, etc.
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:08 am

CWOL will be free... HTML based and will run about twice a week. We are still in the testing phases with the mapping and software, but this looks very promissing. TO give you something to look forward too... We are working on riverine transport and warfare (with the currents and such coded into the software). Can't wait to get this game ready to go out.

C. R. Vaughan
    nazareth
    nazareth
    Squire
    Squire

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-04-25

Post by nazareth Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:40 am

Are there any download requirements? Will there be land base action as well as naval? At 2 turns a week, I'm assuming that this isn't an open ended game. Victory conditions simply the destruction of the North or South or is their scenario victory conditions?

Not being familar with NWOL, I'm not sure if you can be an army or smaller unit commander, cavalry etc or if the game is simply strategic in nature or tactical. Clarification?

Currents might be important around New Orleans and coastal cities. Not sure how they would play out on the Mississippi itself as it simply flows south. Navigating up pass the river forts or down for that matter will shold be tricky.

thanks for the info........
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:11 am

nazareth wrote:Are there any download requirements? Will there be land base action as well as naval? At 2 turns a week, I'm assuming that this isn't an open ended game. Victory conditions simply the destruction of the North or South or is their scenario victory conditions?

The condictions are set up from the outset of the game... In other words the teams are allowed to select form a list and then work toward it. In on game conducting a certain amount of raiding was one them. I can send along some old newspapers if you are interesting in them.

Not being familar with NWOL, I'm not sure if you can be an army or smaller unit commander, cavalry etc or if the game is simply strategic in nature or tactical. Clarification?

The scale is something of a hybrid. In my estimation it would be 75% Strategic and 25% Tactical. The commanders are usually at the very least Division and Squadron level. The units are grouped as brigades with individual named regiments in each brigade. Trains and transports are represented as well.

Currents might be important around New Orleans and coastal cities. Not sure how they would play out on the Mississippi itself as it simply flows south. Navigating up pass the river forts or down for that matter will shold be tricky.

mafiafran
    Surf
    Surf

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by mafiafran Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:55 am

Crushing victory for His Majesty's Navy in NWOLII!!!!!!!!!! The power of the Italian Navy has been broken and my officers in the area are chasing down the remnants. I will post a link to the newspaper there once we have it written.

PARKING SENSOR
    cheap clothing
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 pm

1) There are no download requirements unless you prefer to place the maps on your compueter.
    2) There is a land based, naval based, and economic based module to the game.
    3) There are victory conditions that are established so to speak. However, it is rather open ended and very much in line with the historical requirements.
    4) You can command anything from a squadron to a fleet (Division, Corps, or Army)

Currents are considered and in large part are below the radar. I certainly wish that they were included, but some things have to be sacraficed. I wish I had some sample turns, but everything is going through changes at the moment and CWOL and NWOL are about to launch again within the next few months.

nazareth wrote:Are there any download requirements? Will there be land base action as well as naval? At 2 turns a week, I'm assuming that this isn't an open ended game. Victory conditions simply the destruction of the North or South or is their scenario victory conditions?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 pm