Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+4
J Flower
Nexus06
Rozwi_Game10
Deacon
8 posters

G8-The Strange Situation at Muscat

MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Number of posts : 260
    Registration date : 2012-11-03

G8-The Strange Situation at Muscat - Page 2 Empty Re: G8-The Strange Situation at Muscat

Post by MarkTurner26 Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:46 pm

Deacon wrote:
    I know Richard has tweaked how the Portuguese/Spanish Inquisitions were staffed/managed during the course of game 8 to be more historical, so it's possible that this is Richard trying to shift Muscat back to Omani control.

Personally, I wouldn't give it up without suitable inducement. Maps are set at the start of the game and historical or not, it's yours.

That reminds of one of my first turns in Glory of Kings, I accidently invaded Ottoman Rumelia by marching to Esseg because I misread the map wrong (Sorry Stuart!).

Perhaps as part of Richards GMing he has done a bit more research and discovered an error, or there could be as others suggested other sinister forces afoot. I cannot shake the feeling that something a bit more subtle is going on here.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

G8-The Strange Situation at Muscat - Page 2 Empty Re: G8-The Strange Situation at Muscat

Post by Deacon Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:26 pm

I tend to suspect something else too, probably the pirates, or somebody else's agents.
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Deacon wrote:
    I tend to suspect something else too, probably the pirates, or somebody else's agents.

Think Persia should ask itself:

a) Who benefits from Oman getting bashed by Persia? Suspect

&

b) Who might want to divert Persia from sending out its propaganda & shia missionaries amongst the Turkoman Tribes of Eastern Anatolia. Suspect Suspect
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2571
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:22 pm

MarkTurner26 wrote:

That reminds of one of my first turns in Glory of Kings, I accidently invaded Ottoman Rumelia by marching to Esseg because I misread the map wrong (Sorry Stuart!).

You fiend! That remains in terms of men lost one of the worst defeats Ottoman Rumelia suffered in G2. Lost more units on other occassins but they were mostly cavalry so fewer recruits to replace or as when 40,000 Venetians stormed my Siege Lines it was a Pyrhic Victory for the other side at best.

Now it seems my "vanishing" garrison were not treacherously put to the sword but nasty savage Hapsburgs but were victims of an accident:shock:

Oh well......personally I prefered the original version and to quote the Rumelian Ministry of Truth "If its a case of printing the truth or the myth......go with the myth every time".

Post by Guest Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Stuart Bailey wrote:
    Deacon wrote:

&

b) Who might want to divert Persia from sending out its propaganda & shia missionaries amongst the Turkoman Tribes of Eastern Anatolia. Suspect Suspect

The thing is just about all my neighbours would benefit. The Russians might then decide to advance South...the Ottomans could seize Baku and Derbent...the Moghul could invade Eastern Persia...but all my neighbours seem to want to be friends...

Though the trouble kicked off the same time the Ottomans became active again...am sure that is co-incidence... Suspect
    MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Post by MarkTurner26 Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Jason wrote:
    Stuart Bailey wrote:
    Deacon wrote:

&

The thing is just about all my neighbours would benefit.  The Russians might then decide to advance South...the Ottomans could seize Baku and Derbent...the Moghul could invade Eastern Persia...but all my neighbours seem to want to be friends...

Though the trouble kicked off the same time the Ottomans became active again...am sure that is co-incidence... Suspect

Ha! Perhaps the Abyssinians are more crafty than they are pious.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 pm

You know...in all seriousness I have wondered about them (not to do with Muscat, just generally)...they seem to have come out of nowhere...
    MarkTurner26
    MarkTurner26
    Marquess
    Marquess

Post by MarkTurner26 Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Yeah, and they are getting everywhere. I think at least 3 have turned up in Ottoman lands, dodgy dodgy I say, I bet it is that Stuart G8-The Strange Situation at Muscat - Page 2 627167562
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:44 am

Given the time it takes to get into a game, and the 6 months to establish agents, I don't think so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:19 pm