Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

2 posters

Interesting BBC article on the Hanseatic League

Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Number of posts : 676
    Registration date : 2019-06-16

Interesting BBC article on the Hanseatic League Empty Interesting BBC article on the Hanseatic League

Post by Jason2 Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:01 pm

I found this an interesting read, hope you can all access it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/A2MFANtn3Z/hanseatic_league

I realise by the Glory period, the League is on life support but a handful of the remaining independent city states of the league are still there...and one of my slightly crazy Glory ideas has always been to ask Richard to play a micro-position of Hamburg/Lubeck/Bremen as "The Hanseatic League"
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2565
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Interesting BBC article on the Hanseatic League Empty Re: Interesting BBC article on the Hanseatic League

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Jason2 wrote:I found this an interesting read, hope you can all access it

I realise by the Glory period, the League is on life support but a handful of the remaining independent city states of the league are still there...and one of my slightly crazy Glory ideas has always been to ask Richard to play a micro-position of Hamburg/Lubeck/Bremen as "The Hanseatic League"

Interesting article but if you are going to play a bunch of traders in a Agema game think it has to be the VOIC or the Honorable East India Company. How can you not love a company which is actually called Honourable and has to fight Pirates and other dastardly types to make sure the good burghers of Bath get their afternoon cup of tea.

Wonder if the Roman Game could include a micro trade position - "Nero wants Ten elephants, six German Wolves & five tigers plus 50 mixed Gladiators for his next show" only problem is you might have to go into the East and deal with a Man who keeps a harem and lives in silk PJ's..........why do I get the feeling that the King of Parthia in Rome is Burning is going to be based on Hugh Hefner! And to get your Tigers out of Parthian Custom's you may end up having to take messages back to the Gothic homeland for blond haired blue eyed playmates.
    Jason2
    Jason2
    King
    King

Number of posts : 676
    Registration date : 2019-06-16

Interesting BBC article on the Hanseatic League Empty Re: Interesting BBC article on the Hanseatic League

Post by Jason2 Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Stuart Bailey wrote:
    Jason2 wrote:I found this an interesting read, hope you can all access it

Interesting article but if you are going to play a bunch of traders in a Agema game think it has to be the VOIC or the Honorable East India Company.  How can you not love a company which is actually called Honourable and has to fight Pirates and other dastardly types to make sure the good burghers of Bath get their afternoon cup of tea.

Wonder if the Roman Game could include a micro trade position - "Nero wants Ten elephants, six German Wolves & five tigers plus 50 mixed Gladiators for his next show" only problem is you might have to go into the East and deal with a Man who keeps a harem and lives in silk PJ's..........why do I get the feeling that the King of Parthia in Rome is Burning is going to be based on Hugh Hefner!  And to get your Tigers out of Parthian Custom's you may end up having to take messages back to the Gothic homeland for blond haired blue eyed playmates.

I think it's the urge to go "and now for some completely different" in a Glory game, possibly accompanied by a silly walk...VOIC and HEIC had been done...but the League...plus Hamburg at least has such a fun micro-military...

You know, reading your Roman comment, I am suddenly imaging Dibbler from Ankh Morpork....
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2565
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Gius Marus Dibler ..........sounds a bit like one of those early Republican types with proper nicknames like "lefty" or the "Crow"

Anyone know a Latin word like Dibler?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content