Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

Agricultural Academies

Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Agricultural Academies Empty Agricultural Academies

Post by Deacon Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:37 pm

So I've got some spare agricultural academies and am trying to decide what to do with them.

Anybody have any research suggestions? Richard took my research proposal for improved food preservation techniques, but booted breeding a better cow and a better chicken.

Agricultural Academies Empty Re: Agricultural Academies

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:57 pm

I wonder if breeding requires stud farms? (a stud farm for chickens? Almost Monty Python...)

As to the academies, could you play around with improving 'improved ploughs'? Or developing improved fertilizers or fertilizer techniques? or push technology and come up with the threshing machine 50 years early?

I do like the food preservation research, hope that is successful.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Yes, I guess you can only use academies for that kind of research, I actually was told I needed something like a stud farm for the other two projects.

I agree, a chicken stud farm is very monty python! Very Happy 

I'm working on fertilizer and improved plough already, and was wondering if others had any other good ideas.

I wonder if I could have them study enclosures to find a way to do it that doesn't crash my economy...

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:36 pm

A bit of a tangent but on enclosure, some time back (work related) came across this article

http://www.northumberlandnationalpark.org.uk/understanding/historyarchaeology/traditionalboundariesplan/briefdiscussion18thcentury

What I found interesting, and could be a research project for an academy, is the bits on boundaries; could be part of enclosure or simply as a research project leading to 'examples of best practice' for land management...and stopping your sheep from jumping over walls Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 pm