Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

2 posters

Turn Consumption

Nexus06
    Nexus06
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2015-04-14

Turn Consumption Empty Turn Consumption

Post by Nexus06 Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:31 pm

Greetings gentlemen,

Hope all is well in you lands far and near, and you are all satisfied and having fun with the game.

I was reviewing the economics of the game (well, of playing the game) since I need to keep my financial status in balance, and couldn't help notice an increase in the "number of turns" needed to run Russia in G9.

I'll try to explain what I meant to mean (keep in mind it sound smarter in Italian):

A standard turn cost 12 pounds now.
    To promptly fulfill all orders Richard need to use generally more than one "standard turn". As of now, I have never found any exact reference on how many things can be stored into "one standard turn" other than what is explained at p44 of the manual (extra orders). Extra orders can be extremely consuming especially when you "play" with the math of the game (changing taxation and trade actions). Another variable element is how much time Richard has left to operate on the turn (how many orders are simultaneously gathered).

Well, having said that I have noticed that the "extra turn" counter has gone quite hight for me in G9. Yes I do play a big nation in a transforming situation, but to give you an idea of what I'm talking about here is the thing. When I started in 2015 1 turn + 1 extra turn was enough. There were some infrastructures investment and minor changes in taxation, but mostly nation and army building.

Now, fast forward 2021 we are at 1+3 extra turn. 2023 we are at 1+6.

Now I what to be clear on this. I'm happy with Richard way of handling the game and he has all my trust. The goal of my question if any of you has been able of making up an idea of how much the various classes of actions has impact over the number of turn needed to process a game month. I would be happier if I could have the feeling of managing game costs on a certain level, without having to set a limit on the number of turns to be processed.

I'm starting to think that moving army/navy is cheap, trade investments are middle, tax changes and subsidies are big and things like paying the freeing of serfs is huge cost. If any has worked out any idea is more than welcome to share.

J Flower likes this post

jamesbond007
    King
    King

Number of posts : 621
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Turn Consumption Empty Re: Turn Consumption

Post by jamesbond007 Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:17 am

Very good question Nexus06. I don’t think anyone can answer that fully. I think Richard just works on time. The amount of time he spends on each players orders. No matter the type of order. So when he starts your turn to when he finishes that turn is the time spent on your turn. His hourly or minute wage is then applied and that is the final figure.

Yes his hourly, minute rate has gone up over time. As has all our wages and rates. They have to in order to keep up with cost of living rises. Sadly.

Trouble with playing Russia is its a large nation with a lot of population to run. Lots of recruits to spend/use. Lots of towns to improve and build on. Hence more orders are needed to build up a strong nation. I know how you feel I played Spain in two games. Very, very expensive. I think a problem is slowly developing in games. The very large positions are becoming too expensive to run satisfactorily for nearly all current players. When you can hire a decent make car monthly for what your turn fee costs then it starts to get too much. In my humble opinion.

J Flower likes this post

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 am