Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
count-de-monet
jamesbond007
6 posters

Game two

jamesbond007
    King
    King

Number of posts : 621
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Game two - Page 2 Empty game two

Post by jamesbond007 Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Do anybody think that it would be a better idea to give players taking on a new game position, a bit of a hand. For example, double their yearly recruits and money. Only when the player first takes over of course. This would stop people killing a position then leaving a poor position to new blood. Being many years into a game, this would not effect established positions much either. It would just give a new player something to get their teeth into. This may help Agema keep more new blood into their already established games, without De-stableising the game and its original players. As an example, i have just taken a position in game two. We are in year 1735, i have eight hundred recruits and an honour score of six. I would like to hear the opinions on this interesting subject. My opinion is , that it will keep newcomers more interested, and give them more time to get hooked. cheers
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Game two - Page 2 Empty Re: Game two

Post by Kingmaker Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:04 pm

right thats not too bad, Russia was at war with the Shah, all her forces were virtually inactive her biggest fleet had been sent from the Med to st Petersburg all this done by the previous palyer. Money was no object neither was recruits but i was wide open to more attacks I had to bluff consdierble to get the Shah to back off and it has taken me this long to get it all sorted. I did complain to Richard thinking the last player had deliberatly sabotaged the position, but no he was just incompetent!

Spain was in a similar poistion to you but I am geting there. If Richard told you before hand how bad a position was no one would take them, thus leaving them to rot and decay.
    Do what I did set 5 year plan and ensure you have treaties in place to cover that time period to protect your self, then start building up and trading. Yours is not so bad I think who ever wins the war over the Ottomans willbe a good ally of yours.

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 9:34 am

I have on occasion thought that (a belated hello by the way!) but I balance that with the sense of achievement I've got from not having any advantages like that at the start and then seeing things improve. My first role (one I still play) was a small weak poor power. Ok, it's still a small power and hardly powerful or rich but when I look at how it's improved since I took over (vastly better military, income trebled...well until this year, now got a medical service, my honour is quite high), well it does feel an achievement.

I do think 90% of players do try to help new players-or at least not invade them for a bit Smile

800 recruits is low but then I guess it must be a small nation (which seems unlikelty for Persia) or someone sent a recruiting party earlier in the year and nicked them all before you started? Honour score of 6 sounds about right for a starter but this is a good way to increase your income; behave honourably Smile Have a few banquets and invite your foreign ambassadors to them, do a few public works (even the cheaper ones can see your honour rise quickly) and you should find honour goes up quickly...which then is converted into 'personal wealth' income (on the February turn, I think). I often transfer it into the general treasury, only because I find it easier to have only one money pot, otherwise I get confused Wink

EDIT: opps, just read your other messages so 'know' who you are now! So you'll already know a lot of what I've said above!

jamesbond007 wrote:Do anybody think that it would be a better idea to give players taking on a new game position, a bit of a hand. For example, double their yearly recruits and money. Only when the player first takes over of course. This would stop people killing a position then leaving a poor position to new blood. Being many years into a game, this would not effect established positions much either. It would just give a new player something to get their teeth into. This may help Agema keep more new blood into their already established games, without De-stableising the game and its original players. As an example, i have just taken a position in game two. We are in year 1735, i have eight hundred recruits and an honour score of six. I would like to hear the opinions on this interesting subject. My opinion is , that it will keep newcomers more interested, and give them more time to get hooked. cheers
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

Number of posts : 621
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by jamesbond007 Mon May 04, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi, are you in game two as well as game six? how many games are you in? playing different positions is good fun, but i always think that you cannot beat starting a game from year one. Or only missing a few years, that way you are not too far behind.

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm in Games 2 (Kwantung, China), 3 (Denmark) and 6.

I do agree, best to be in early on,.
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by revvaughan Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 pm

The gifted and honourable leader of the Kwantung Province...

I think Game II is becoming the most interesting of the games that I am involved in at the moment.

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 11:10 pm

revvaughan wrote:The gifted and honourable leader of the Kwantung Province...

I think Game II is becoming the most interesting of the games that I am involved in at the moment.

I have been called many things over the years... Very Happy

For now however I may not be as gifted as you think as I am currently undertaking a retrograde action (running away, bravely). Clearly I'm not yet strong enough to take on a European power alone, however if others take him on...
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Tue May 05, 2009 12:15 am

Time is of the essence... What your diplomatic post!
    Moshe
    Moshe
    Baron
    Baron

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Game two - Page 2 Empty War

Post by Moshe Tue May 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Danish-Chinese-Englishman wrote:
    revvaughan wrote:The gifted and honourable leader of the Kwantung Province...

I have been called many things over the years... Very Happy

For now however I may not be as gifted as you think as I am currently undertaking a retrograde action (running away, bravely). Clearly I'm not yet strong enough to take on a European power alone, however if others take him on...

Shalom,

Which country would you really love to have irritated??

Moshe
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Tue May 05, 2009 6:13 pm

I believe the gentleman speaks of the Dutch! Suspect
    Moshe
    Moshe
    Baron
    Baron

Number of posts : 124
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Game two - Page 2 Empty Game two

Post by Moshe Tue May 05, 2009 6:43 pm

revvaughan wrote:I believe the gentleman speaks of the Dutch! Suspect

Naaaaaahhhh........Dutch..........Naaaa, deyr been kicked-aboot almost enoof! I tink, Yah..Yeh, perty goot dey haf, Yah...deyr goten deyr heiniesss spanked perty goot!! Yah..Yeh, perty goot...........Now ve senden dem kinder to deyr Mutters!! But, dey moost a bee vatched.....Yah..Yeh, perty goot! Dutch Player don't take me too seriously..... affraid

Joost a kiddink.....................................I had to do it....They made me do it!!!

Shalom,
    Moshe
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Tue May 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Seems that he may be getting a little dose of his own medicine at the moment. Poor fellow!

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Very Happy
    Keep taking the pills old boy Wink

Moshe wrote:
    revvaughan wrote:I believe the gentleman speaks of the Dutch! Suspect

Naaaaaahhhh........Dutch..........Naaaa, deyr been kicked-aboot almost enoof! I tink, Yah..Yeh, perty goot dey haf, Yah...deyr goten deyr heiniesss spanked perty goot!! Yah..Yeh, perty goot...........Now ve senden dem kinder to deyr Mutters!! But, dey moost a bee vatched.....Yah..Yeh, perty goot! Dutch Player don't take me too seriously..... affraid

Joost a kiddink.....................................I had to do it....They made me do it!!!

Shalom,
    Moshe
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed May 13, 2009 2:06 pm

I want my game two turn... Well... It's not so much that I want it as much as it is the fact that I really, really need it! Very Happy
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Wed May 13, 2009 5:45 pm

hes working on it now turn 3 just arrived today so 2 should be here shortly
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed May 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Good things come to those who wait I am sure of it!

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 6:13 pm

So, it's starting to look like the Dutch aren't too popular...
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sat May 16, 2009 6:28 pm

bit of an underestimation there as i can see quite a few nation lining up against them now and not all in the far east either..... farao

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Ok, form an orderly queue and no pushing, plenty of Dutch to go round Wink
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Sun May 17, 2009 5:11 am

Sure appears that way... What oh what could happen next! lol!
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sun May 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Cue massive invasion and attack on dutch holdings perhaps?
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Sun May 17, 2009 3:46 pm

This is where Bugs Bunny goes.... "Mah!!!! Could Be!"

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Me? I'm not attacking the Dutch...now maybe some of my lands fancy a little holiday....going and broaden their minds in a foreign culture.... Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Things are heating up...The Great Moghul has moved, the Eternal Empire is still extremely unhappy with the Dutch, noble England seems about to declare war on them as well, will they be the last?...amazing how much international friendship and understanding the Stadtholder has created amongst other people
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:00 pm

It would appear that our dear friend is in trouble! Might be a short war!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:24 pm