Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
revvaughan
Louis d'Or
6 posters

New Player in Game 2-Glorie du Roi

Louis d'Or
    Surf
    Surf

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-03-11

New Player in Game 2-Glorie du Roi Empty New Player in Game 2-Glorie du Roi

Post by Louis d'Or Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:58 am

Hello all,
    I'm new to the game, but big fan of 18th century. Trying to find out some of the history of Game 2. Can anyone give me a potted history of the past few years? It seems that Prussia is fighting everywhere. Has France been active in the game recently?
    Thanks,
    mwl
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Number of posts : 778
    Registration date : 2008-07-15

New Player in Game 2-Glorie du Roi Empty Re: New Player in Game 2-Glorie du Roi

Post by revvaughan Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:49 am

France has been around but rather quiet. I have not heard from them in some time.
    baggins
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2010-09-04

New Player in Game 2-Glorie du Roi Empty france

Post by baggins Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 pm

yes france is active now, why did u want to know?
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:51 pm

The original poster was asking if France was active. I "know" they are active. Cool

Hope things are well and look forward to the next game turn!
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:46 pm

This was my issue with game 3 as well. Richard tried to help me, but it is year 36 and I have almost no in game history, and there are no newspaper archives. I didn't know the american republic existed until this turn for instance!
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:17 pm

True.... That is one thing that I have often thought would be a good reason for our little forums. Problem is... No one wants to give away the farm!

Mr. Hooverbush still in charge of the Republic.
    baggins
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2010-09-04

Post by baggins Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 am

i think a newspaper archive would be a great idea and would be historically sound.

it makes sense to give a new player access to back copies of the archive to catch up on stuff that in the real world he would know about anyway.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 am

Yes, I really want a newspaper archive. I would pay Richard for access to one. It isn't like this is private information.

It seems to me like the only real way to give players who join older games something of an even keel. Alternatively, a yearly summary of notable events from the beginning, but that seems like it would be more work than posting the archives to me. Of course, I'm not sure how far back they're really stored electronically, but even recent history would be a good start.

Until then, I guess we just muddle on.
    revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 am

Perhaps Richard will respond to this... I don't know how he may look at it, but it could be one of those things where an older player could send papers through the game. I wouldn't see Richard losing anything in the deal, but I could see him charging for a copy of a disk containing the game newspapers for a set amount of time....

What ya think Richard?
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Maybe DVDs of the newspaper PDFs as another item to sell?
    jamesbond007
    King
    King

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2009-04-07

Post by jamesbond007 Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:43 pm

A very good idea. How expensive and practical this turns out, is another matter. Could be very time consueming. Could also work out expensive, especially if we are thirty years into a game. But certainly worth looking into.Once the cost has been established, we could debate the matter on the forum. This would give Richard a good idea if it would work, before going to the trouble of implementing it.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Yes, I have no idea how the files are stored and their historical formats. It may be too time consuming.

revvaughan
    revvaughan
    King
    King

Post by revvaughan Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Five years of game history would better than coming in blind. That would put Richard in a position where he was better able to work with the file formats from the past five years.

Just a thought.
    the great unwashed
    the great unwashed
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 176
    Registration date : 2010-08-15

Post by the great unwashed Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Not knowing what's been going on can, for a number of turns, really put the brakes on formulating strategy whilst you make enquiries and try and find your feet. An archive would be an excellent idea even if a payment had to be made.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:37 am