Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+4
Hapsburg
Deacon
count-de-monet
Kingmaker
8 posters

Game 3

Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Game 3 Empty Game 3

Post by Kingmaker Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Any one give me a heads up on game 3 please?
    count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Number of posts : 379

Game 3 Empty Re: Game 3

Post by count-de-monet Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Four game years into my position and I am still struggling with and messing it up.Very Happy 
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 pm

can you update me please either via PM or here please
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

Post by Deacon Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Curious how the situation between the vatican and king james resolved. I started it up, and then had to drop, so I'm curious for an update too.
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Hapsburg Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:05 pm

All very quiet apart from the France-Americas Republic conflict. Spain evicted from Suo, Formosa. Caliphate negotiating with Morocco and Sennar. King James and the Pope back on friendly terms. One of those quiet phases that could run for years with players dropping out because nothing is happening.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 am

Is France-Americas still dragging on? I'd have thought by now there would have been a solution to that one!
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 427

Post by Ardagor Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:56 pm

I know I have been a bit stubborn about it and I aim to continue on this path in the future.

The Republic will be victorious!
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:35 am

Ardagor wrote:I know I have been a bit stubborn about it and I aim to continue on this path in the future.

The Republic will be victorious!
    like it....Game 3 3497527849 
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Ardagor Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:47 pm

The battle of New England continue as Duc de Biron and his French Armee de Expeditionnaire with 133 battalion of foot, 77 squadron of horse and 58 batteries of artillery are constantly being harassed by the light infantry of the American Republic forces surrounding his position.

The location of the battle is on the East bank of the North River, halfway between New York and Albany.

It is certainly keeping me on the edge of my seat as this by a large margin the most massive battle I have ever been involved in, also the longest as this is the 4th month of fighting and we are not done yet.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:11 pm

That is one hell of an army, esp for North America.

One question, what is the reason for the war?
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Some american indians ate (literally) an american ambassador.  The americans attacked said indians.

The french said those indians were their allies and used it as a pretext to declare war.

I wish the americans a great deal of luck, and frankly consider it (as a player) poor form to beat up on the americans, as well as not very productive.  The american colonies of the period weren't making much profit, so other than bragging rights, you don't get much for conquering them.

If you want a war, at least pick one with someone who could make you rich.  I'd pick parts of africa well before the american colonies, personally.

With that large a force in play, the french had better make sure their supply lines don't get cut, because they could scour the americans bare and not be able to supply that many troops.
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Ardagor Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:26 pm

The French claims are as follows (they attacked the Republic). Have not been able to get in contact with the French after receiving the declaration of war a couple of years ago.

That the Republic declared war on their Caddo indian allies, this is true as they killed and ate our ambassador.

That the Republic refuse to trade with France, which is true. The French have been a major pain for a considerable amount of time before the war started.

That the French living inside the Republic have been mistreated, not true to my knowledge.

In any case a number of cities and towns have been taken by French forces, including New York, Quebec, Philadelphia etc.

We assume it is just a simple land grabbing operation, but at least they have to work for it.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks guys Smile I think the war must have broken out just after I left game 3...

Good luck to the Republic!
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2565
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Ref the Franco/American war speaking has someone who has been the target of very large armies and the French (boo hiss) in the past my feeling would be ..........use "scorched earth" tactics in front of them and dump dead animals in water wells. Ok New York State may not burn very well but trying to move 50 plus batteries of artillery if someone litters the roads with cut down tree's and blows up all the bridges would be a nightmare.

The other point is that if the cream of the French Army is stuck in the wilds of upper new York surely you can get some kind Frog hater to invade France for you?

I can think of games were if the French got themselves in that position they would be lined up round the block. Hell in G7 all it needed was the French to take a summer holiday across the Channel and the double headed Eagle banners were out in force.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:36 am

As the pope in game 3, I dinged the french for starting a war in defense of cannibalism.  I wish some of the other players in the game had picked up on that and run with it.

Note: I haven't been in game 3 for a while, so I feel free to express my opinion....

Post by Guest Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm

That's a good point Deacon!

Bit surprised England/Sweden hasn't waded in-ok, the colonies became independent (if I remember aright) when they remained loyal to the Protestant monarchy (didn't they actually leave there?) but still, letting the French get away with invading even ex-colonies seems a bit un-English Wink

Now, has to be said, if I had still been Denmark, I would have gone to the Republic's aid (did have a good relationship with various of the Republic's players)...ok, I'd most probably have lasted 5 days but hey...
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Ardagor Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:49 pm

The Battle in the New England forest has ended as the French army Return to New York, leaving some 5,000 French prisoners in American hands.

Losses for the Battle was 10 batteries of artillery for America while the French lost 58 batteries, 21squadrons of dragoons and a logistic corps.

Oh well, it could have been worse but I was hoping for a bigger victory.
    Ardagor
    Ardagor
    Prince
    Prince

Post by Ardagor Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Regarding the other players, I have failed in my efforts communicate With them. There seems to be an immense fear of Mighty France in general and in particular the French navy. Basically no one want to talk to me.

In other News, the French have declared war on the Islamic Caliphate and is requesting mercenaries from Switzerland, Bavaria, Sazony, Liege-Cologne, Hesse Darmstadt, Hanover, Baden and Lorraine.

Either they intend to take this new war seriously or some of these Mercenaries may be intended for America.
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Post by Deacon Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Ardagor wrote:The Battle in the New England forest has ended as the French army Return to New York, leaving some 5,000 French prisoners in American hands.

Losses for the Battle was 10 batteries of artillery for America while the French lost 58 batteries, 21squadrons of dragoons and a logistic corps.

Oh well, it could have been worse but I was hoping for a bigger victory.

Congratulations!  

Will be interesting to hear how the Islamic Caliphate thing goes. Wonder if he will use this as an excuse to disengage in america.

Last edited by Deacon on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Post by count-de-monet Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:25 pm

The news of the French declaration of war was a BIG surprise I must admit !! I had been expecting it from Spain but not France.

Dont worry about lack of correspondence. This game is a bit of a "closed shop" to new players. I have never succeeded in generating a diplomatic flow with other players!
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Post by Hapsburg Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Point taken; I will be more responsive to letters in the New Year! Although it can be frustrating building a relationship only for the player to depart after a few years. Previously I had a good relationship with the Americas Republic and sold it California in 1732.

Spain also declared war on the Islamic Caliphate so it makes for an interesting few months; shame the turn due date is a long way off. I will be planning most of Christmas when the kids are in bed!

count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Post by count-de-monet Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:37 am

I can only speak from experience.

I have been the experienced player, supporting a new player with resources and money, to then see that player leave. Equally (in G3) I have struggled REALLY struggled with a damaged position and no-one wanting to offer a hint of help.

My personal view is that the game is more colourful with more players, so perhaps losing out on investments made in new players is a price that needs to be paid sometimes.

Otherwise players do come and go and the game will collapse when only (literally) a handful of established players remain. (one of my fears for G6 where I am one of those established players!)

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:59 am

It's a shame you say that about G6 Count, as a new-ish player in it, I think it's got a good feel and strong potential.

count-de-monet
    Duke
    Duke

Post by count-de-monet Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:19 am

I agree Jason, G6 does seem to have picked up recently with a few new players which is great.

Not sure if we are in contact yet but I am keen to help new players as best I can, so a letter to Madrid will get a positive response.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Fingers crossed Count you've had one from Edinburgh recently...offering friendship and whisky  drunken 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 pm