Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

+2
Kingmaker
Hapsburg
6 posters

Game 3 - Austrian Succession

Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2008-06-20

Game 3 - Austrian Succession - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 3 - Austrian Succession

Post by Hapsburg Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:26 pm

I counted that King Joseph had more votes!

And of course the vote was unconstitutional as the Diet must accept the Hapsburg male line without election. Now Joesph will seek a ruling from the Imperial Court..........

Not necessarily written by a Prussian!

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 9:41 am

I was confused by the vote as well. I assumed (in the end) it was a typo by Richard and that Maria had won by a vote.

Anyway, a certain Queen Mum is having a looooooonnnnngggggg chat with her son, berating him for his recent behaviour, how it is an insult to his dead and great father, and if he really can't get decent servants (or stewards Wink) to run his lands then surely it was time to ask his dear uncle (who has always offered to help if needed) for some support...

As to the article on the Tsar, I have to say I thought it wasn't written by a Prussian; Hanoverian maybe...
    1989-er
    Squire
    Squire

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Post by 1989-er Mon May 04, 2009 10:24 am

Well, the whole reporting of the vote seems to be a mess, but it was confirmed in my government papers that Maria is Queen-elect... Also it was obvious from the reaction of the Lutheran party in the Diet that they had lost, so I'll be going by a joint opinion of Agema and the people who were actually there!

Incidentally, if anyone reading this is confused about Prince Metternich, I can confirm that I only joined LGDR 3 two turns ago so I am NOT the previous incarnation of that prince!
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Post by Hapsburg Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 am

The vote a mess, now that must be further grounds for a judical review.................King Joseph's appeal was lodged this turn!

Yes, the article wasn't written by a Prussian and I had discounted Hanover based on the style and volcabulary used. Can't wait to read the Tsar's response.

I was surprised that Richard continued with the Prince Metternich character as a replacement would have avoided any confusion.
    1989-er
    Squire
    Squire

Post by 1989-er Thu May 07, 2009 12:43 pm

I didn't say the vote was a mess, I said the reporting of the vote was a mess. The vote itself was quite straightforward, as was it's outcome...

No point going to the Imperial Court - they've already referred the whole matter to the Aulic Council...

Am also surprised at the Prince Metternich character, but hey ho...

Interesting times!

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 6:39 pm

I must be honest, I put the confusion down to a typo in the print seting department of the paper Wink

I agree it wasn't Prussia but I have had a letter from the new Emperor which had a style similar to the article, which made me wonder...

Hapsburg wrote:The vote a mess, now that must be further grounds for a judical review.................King Joseph's appeal was lodged this turn!

Yes, the article wasn't written by a Prussian and I had discounted Hanover based on the style and volcabulary used. Can't wait to read the Tsar's response.

I was surprised that Richard continued with the Prince Metternich character as a replacement would have avoided any confusion.
    1989-er
    Squire
    Squire

Post by 1989-er Thu May 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Exactly - which is why the Austrian government has lodged a formal complaint against the incompetent reporter!
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Post by Hapsburg Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 pm

It's always worth submitting an appeal!

Historically the Treaty of Westphalia in 1648 regulated the jurisdictions of the Reichskammergericht (Imperial Chamber Court) and the Aulic Council. The treaty laid down that the court that first dealt with a case should alone have competence to pursue it.

But then it's only a game so will see what happens...........

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Hmm, so the Archduchess is on the throne of Bohemia....and more disgruntled citizens writing articles...
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1673
    Registration date : 2008-04-20

Post by Kingmaker Sun May 17, 2009 5:58 pm

it can only get better as they tried to have a go at the Tsar in the last one. seems we have a budding editor here
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:04 pm

seems things may be hotting up in game 3

I know the Tsar has plenty on his plate, and I suspect the tsar is not too found of the HRE neither!!!
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Post by Hapsburg Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:49 pm

A few buffer states between the Tsar and HRE to keep them apart and prevent any outbreak of hostilities.

Formosa is entertaining and stability in Bohemia is still on a knife edge. King Joseph is spending Christmas in Budapest at a fabulous ball!
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:13 pm

I hear the Tsar my be making an annoucement soon which put the HRE nose out of joint stay tuned people
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:22 am

Turn arrived this morning VERY interesting reading and letters, next month should be even more so....
    Quadro
    Freeman
    Freeman

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2008-09-12

Post by Quadro Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Why? What has happened and what impact will this have?
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:55 am

Well there was the coronation of the Sacred emperor....yawn Balls and other things i was really talking about my turn which I cannot reveal at the moment but in the next 2 months all wil become clear.

I have plans in operation and awaiting replies to certain letters and intellignce reports .... study

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Also looks like the HRE is determined to provoke a certain small northern European nation.... Wink

Cheeky sod, complaining about me taking time to reply to his letters...

Also, thanks to whoever sent me the copy of the letter the HRE sent to a certain prince bribing him for his vote in the imperial election...

...now what should I do with that letter....

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:45 pm

There is a certain Mr Blackaddersen, runs a coffee and gossip shop in Copenhagen, who is a bit of a wit. I understand he had got hold of a copy of the HRE's recent letter to the Prince Regent and has been making witty remarks about it...I suspect a report might appear in the papers...
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:38 pm

looks like a compromise has been reached in this matter just waiting to see if Austria agrees Spain has by the look of things..... king
    Hapsburg
    Viscount
    Viscount

Post by Hapsburg Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm always open to compromise, after first playing for the lot of course!

The way things are going Austria has secured Bohemia and Spain, Hungary - both of us politically and by raising garrisons and deploying armies. With the only option an invasion of Bohemia/Hungary by Spain and Austria, with the resulting fallout, I'm sure we will both secure what we currently hold.

The circulation of a few intercepted letters also helps focus minds.

Now for Russia to take centre stage!

Any guesses where the Spanish army leaving Ceuta is heading?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Well, that's one crisis resolved! Now if Portugal can just deal with the Sultan and the Emperor die in a freak horseriding accident, we'll all be happy!
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:12 pm

He may die if he dont stop slagging me off Twisted Evil
    Kingmaker
    Kingmaker
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kingmaker Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Hapsburg wrote:
    Any guesses where the Spanish army leaving Ceuta is heading?

Asda or Morrisons for some shopping?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:24 pm