Agema Publications

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Agema Publications

A forum for the disscussion of the Play by Mail games from Agema Publications

3 posters

One for our 18th C social-history buffs

The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Number of posts : 489
    Registration date : 2008-08-03

One for our 18th C social-history buffs Empty One for our 18th C social-history buffs

Post by The Revenant Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Anyone any ideas what it might mean to have an N branded on your inner left arm?

One for our 18th C social-history buffs Empty Re: One for our 18th C social-history buffs

Post by Guest Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Not a branding I know...I guess it might not be a punishment one but some sort of 'secret society' identity branding?
    Deacon
    Deacon
    Emperor
    Emperor

Number of posts : 1859
    Registration date : 2010-04-13

One for our 18th C social-history buffs Empty Re: One for our 18th C social-history buffs

Post by Deacon Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:00 am

No clue. Did some googling and branding was common in punishments, but couldn't find a reference to this.
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:52 am

I came up with the same, not a known type of brand, so probably (though not certainly) something Richard has invented - and which I'm failing to decode... sigh, such is "life".
    Stuart Bailey
    Emperor of Europe
    Emperor of Europe

Number of posts : 2567
    Registration date : 2012-01-29

Post by Stuart Bailey Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:36 am

jimbotten wrote:I came up with the same, not a known type of brand, so probably (though not certainly) something Richard has invented - and which I'm failing to decode...  sigh, such is "life".

I think if it was a "punishment" branding it would normally be on the face or hand so everyone could see your "mark of shame".

Since the inside of the left arm is not a normally visible spot my guess is hard core secret society type?

Upset any free masons? pirates or members of the Janissary Corp lately?

That or someone has set up an Int Service influenced by the Bond Books.......We all know M & Q but who the hell was N?
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:12 pm

...with a posible Danish connection???
    The Revenant
    The Revenant
    Prince
    Prince

Post by The Revenant Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:19 am

And now, if I am to believe an in-game informant, it seems it might be evidence of having spent some time in Newgate (prison)?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Interesting, not heard of branding being used like that before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:47 am